June Cleaver....

mylittlechickpea

Songster
9 Years
May 2, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
So I'm pretty sure my beautiful husband would like me to be as close to June Cleaver as I can possibly manage... In the grand scheme of things I'm pretty sure I'm a little closer to Lucy Ricardo
lol.png

He asked me a couple months ago to get his truck tuned up.. Of course I put it off as long as I possibly can. Procrastination is my greatest feature! Well he called about two weeks ago to ask if I'd done it. "Yes, babe! Of course!!" He asked if they said anything was wrong with it, of course I say no and she's like running like a beauty.. Well I found out how much a tune up costs and what they actually do
ep.gif
$150 to change sparks plugs!!!
th.gif
And that's it, they charge extra labor if you want new wires too
barnie.gif
REALLY!?!?!?! Holy mother of cheese, that is retarded!
somad.gif

So, I opted for an oil change (which was due anyways) and the summer car care package at GoodYear. $40 oil change, top off the fluids, rotate the tires, and a little extra search around to make sure everything is a-okay. Well they said one of the belts was cracked and dry.. That can wait another month till he leaves again and I'll look up how to do it. And I went out to the parts store to go get my spark plugs and a new air filter, and go down to the navy auto hobby shop, and they won't me in because my name isn't on the insurance!!
he.gif
Oi!!

I saw an evelope from our insurance company come in about a week ago with both our names on it, should have opened it then because now I can't find it, grrr.
th.gif
Let's just hope I can find it so I can ever get these new sparks plugs into that truck...
hide.gif

Cross your fingers I haven't been thrown into the ocean by next week... One of these I'll learn to do things in a timely manner and now have to rush aound a few days before he gets home to get everything finished...
barnie.gif

And I quote:

"Put another log on the fire.
Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
And go out to the car and change the tyre.
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe,
And then go fetch my slippers.
And boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire, babe,
And come and tell me why you're leaving me.

"Now don't I let you wash the car on Sunday?
Don't I warn you when you're gettin fat?
Ain't I a-gonna take you fishin' with me someday?
Well, a man can't love a woman more than that.
Ain't I always nice to your kid sister?
Don't I take her driving every night?
So, sit here at my feet 'cos I like you when you're sweet,
And you know it ain't feminine to fight.

"So, put another log on the fire.
Cook me up some bacon and some beans.
Go out to the car and lift it up and change the tyre.
Wash my socks and sew my old blue jeans.
Come on, baby, you can fill my pipe,
And then go fetch my slippers.
And boil me up another pot of tea.
Then put another log on the fire, babe,
And come and tell me why you're leaving me."

I think god is trying to teach me lesson on this one... I've been waiting somewhere close to two hours for that fax to come in, called four times, and now for some reason i can't even get into my account on the computer to try and print it out..
hit.gif

I don't have the tools to do it at home and can't get into the hobby shop with out my name, i wish i knew how to photo shop...

I even got "the look" when I went in there and the guy asked me if I knew anything about tools and cars...
rant.gif
smack.gif

So... boy oh boy, do I feel lame.... I called the insurance company again, and realized that in the half dozen emails they've been sending the card had been attacthed the WHOLE time...... In everysingle email............. I could have had this over and done with and hour and a half ago....

Last edited:
......... Three hours in there.. And I got two spark plugs done..... I will do everything in my power to ensure my husband never buys another Ford ever ever ever again... How am I supposed to put on my man pants and do work on the truck if I can't fit my hands in there to do anything? I loved my dodge back home, and the jeep he's gotten for me to drive over here is simply amazing too, yet, I haven't had a chance to put my girl hands on that sweet little jeep just yet
wink.png

Quote:
That's why the mechanic wants $150.

You ever see mechanic hands? Scars, oversized knuckles, bruised black fingernails.

3 hours -- two plugs

do the math

8 plugs x 1.5 hours each = 12 hrs

Wow! I got 16 plugs on my Dodge truck. 16 plugs x 1.5 hours each = 24 hrs

Did you pull the boots off correctly (you can break the conductor if removed incorrectly), did you push the boots on correctly, did you apply the dielectric grease to the boots (seals against moisture), did you use Neversieze on the plug threads ( some say you need it, some say you don't). Lots more to it than, unscrew a plug, screw new one in.

My husband would LOVE it if I were like June Cleaver. He is older than I am and his mother did housework, had few outside friends and hobbies and basicaly waited on his father hand and foot in an immaculate house. DH is finally beginning to reconcile to the fact that he will never have that. I have too many hobbies and my version of housework is to vacuum quickly, make sure dishes are done.

One of my friends is married to a mechanic, so they keep us "in tune" so to say with all of our vehicles.

Quote:
That's why the mechanic wants $150.

You ever see mechanic hands? Scars, oversized knuckles, bruised black fingernails.

3 hours -- two plugs

do the math

8 plugs x 1.5 hours each = 12 hrs

Wow! I got 16 plugs on my Dodge truck. 16 plugs x 1.5 hours each = 24 hrs

Did you pull the boots off correctly (you can break the conductor if removed incorrectly), did you push the boots on correctly, did you apply the dielectric grease to the boots (seals against moisture), did you use Neversieze on the plug threads ( some say you need it, some say you don't). Lots more to it than, unscrew a plug, screw new one in.

Well, my dad is a mechanic. And taught me how to work on my car.. I learned the hard way today, that my car is not my husbands truck... Even though he is 3000 miles away he still gives me good advice and helps me work through things over the phone. When I told him what kind of truck my hubby has, he told me that was cause for all my problems right there
roll.png
So it certainly made me feel a bit better.

Most likely the spark plugs were last changed by a mechanic and so I'm not sure if they had put the gooey stuff on the threads or not. My dad says it's not worth it to him to use the stuff, although his hands are quite a bit more manly than my own
smile.png

I did everything correctly as I was taught, pulling the boots off, and putting them back on. At least I think did, lol. The truck started
idunno.gif

So I guess tomorrow's adventure is going to the car place and see if they'll change the other four out me
fl.gif

My sweet little dodge neon had the most amazing set up ever.. At least for me, all the maintenance I ever did was sitting right there on top for me never took more than 20 minutes

The problem is not that it is a Ford, I suspect it is a newer Ford. A newer anything is harder to work on. I have a 91 F 350 Dually, I do all the maintenance work on it (Glow Plugs, filters, oil change etc) Mine is very easy to work on, glow plugs are right on top and easy to change. The starter is a bit of a pain, but not impossible.

Back
Top Bottom