June Hatch-A-Long

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mayberrygirl, May 15, 2010.

1. mayberrygirl

mayberrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    Set 8 black silky eggs today June 4th hatch - join me for June!!

2. chickintexas

chickintexas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    Shoot! I'm game! I've got a batch of Silkies (BBS and White) and misc eggs in the bator at the moment all due on June 2nd.

3. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Have some eggs from my games and some EEs due June 1. Got more to set probably monday and who knows? Might find more BCM or some Welsummers to hatch out.

4. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    I would like to join. I set 8 eggs fri. Hatch date should be the 4th. My eggs are blue orpingtons from a fellow byc member. All the eggs arrived unbroken and when candled the air-sacs were intact. Great packing job.[​IMG] This is my second hatch and I can hardly wait. I hope for a good hatch and I want some blues.[​IMG]

5. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I'll join in! I actually have some in lockdown right now but will be setting more wed. or thurs with a June 9th or 10th hatch date. [​IMG]

6. chickintexas

chickintexas Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Spring Branch
    Quote:I can't wait to see your chicks when they hatch! Beautiful birds!

7. mayberrygirl

mayberrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    Yay! I can't wait till everyone starts hatching!! Such pretty birds due in June!

8. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Ooohhh... I forgot to add what I'm hatching (so excited!): Mille Fleur and Lavender bantam Cochins and LF Partridge cochins. [​IMG]

9. clothdiaperingmom

clothdiaperingmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    Sweetwater, TX
    I would like to join!

Ive got a June 4th hatch.

12 SS eggs sent from a lovely BYC'er. And 25 eggs from a local guy (actually the guy I bought my hovabator from). He has a doz + OEG eggs (wow those are tiny) that he wants.
    Others are EE, leghorn mixes and 4 smaller eggs that I dont know what they are that I get to keep.

My last hatch didnt go so well...and some of his eggs were in there too. I got 1 leghorn out of 6 (another pipped but never made it out), 3 out of 9 green eggs (and 2 of the hatchlings pipped/hatched from the wrong end), and out of another shipped set 1 that hatched then died. Not sure what the prob was as my hatch rate was pretty good the past few times before.

I bought brand new sponges, and got distilled water for this hatch. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] for this hatch.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  10. Doodle_Doo

Doodle_Doo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2009
    Missouri City, TX
    im in...i have saipan jungle fowl
    and also 10 black sumatra on june 2 ..
    4 of them from byc's shay20

cant wait [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by