Jury Duty

gamebirdsonly

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 5, 2007
UTAH
All I can say I do not want to do that again! 3 days 12 to 14 hours a day in a court house.

And the pay sucks you only get $18.50 for showing up and if your selected you get $49. I make nearly 4 times that a day so now Im out all that money and have crap load of bills to pay:(

I can say one good thing it was new experince for me and I learned alot about the law.

Personally, I would love to be called for jury duty. I feel a little insulted and rejected that I've made it to my mid 40s and NEVER been called upon...lol.
hmm.png

I've served several times but never been picked for an actual jury. It is a pain but would you rather have somebody like you on a jury or somebody at random. Some people are scary to think about them on a jury.

For the first time I got pulled for Jury Duty.

I dont know how other states do it. But here they send out a questionair. And on it I wrote that I couldnt afford the gas to get there. I live 30 minutes away from court house. I have no one to watch my 2 kids. And cant afford a baby sitter..

I said it would financially break us and we could loose our place of living that easy. Just by the extra gas to get there and day care.

Really it is that close to loosing a place to live. We just scrape by each month.

The end of the story. I got a reply in the mail saying I was releaved of jury duty..

What a relief..

I was summoned once but they had a box to check if you were the sole care provider for young children or something like that, so I checked that because I was breastfeeding an infant at the time. Haven't been called up since then and that was almost 10 years ago!

My husband got called, but they rescheduled so many times, he never ended up going. I think they pleaded out or something. He was thrilled. His work would pay him his full salary for the days he missed and it wouldn't count against his vacation, so the money the court would pay would be extra money and he'd miss work for a few days. He was disappointed that it never came to be.

One of my teachers for a class I take (I'm homeschooled) said that he got out of jury duty once because he told the judge (I think) his children are homeschooled and he's their teacher (which is true). This is a hint to all you homeschool mom/dads out there who wanna get out of jury duty.
wink.png

I only got 7 dollars a day, and we only get paid if you are picked!I was. and it was interesting! I missed being the jury for a big murder case here, thank goodness, I don't want to on a jury for anything like that, I would have nightmares! I made it into my 40's before I was called!

I show up for jury selection in bib's with a flannel shirt, and a hat with earflaps. Oh yeah, I don't shave for a day or two in advance, and soak my garments in budweiser to dry.

Haven't made the final selection ever...... been called 4 times

Back
Top Bottom