1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just A Country Boy Here from the South whose migrated to Wichita KS.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CountryBoy47, Oct 31, 2012.

1. CountryBoy47

CountryBoy47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Wichita ks
    Hi, I'm a southern country boy who now lives in the big city of Wichita Ks after completing my Masters course work. I am a sucker for the farm life even though its hard work i really enjoy it. Since I don't have farm land here, I'm deciding to bring the farm to the city. I haven't raised chickens before just cows, horses, goats rabbits and dogs. I'm going to try to raise chickens in my back yard. I don't have chickens or a coop yet but I'm going to build one or buy a coop... Probably build one I'm very good with my hands ( Free Scrap Wood and old equipment Appreciated ) LOL.... Chickens: after doing my research, I want dual purpose layers Rhode Island Reds and Sussex then in a few years I'll get meat birds (Broilers). please feel free to introduce yourself because I feel like i might need a Chicken Mentor... I have Raising chickens for dummies, building chicken coops for dummies as books and a couple other chicken coop building books.... once Again HELLO all look forward to hearing from you.

CountryBoy

2. Mattlime

Mattlime Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Bostic, North Carolina
    Nice to Meet you

3. CountryBoy47

CountryBoy47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Wichita ks
    thanks Mattlime nice to meet you also

4. Deerfield Acres

Deerfield Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2011
    Derby, KS area
    Welcome! Come on over to the Consolidated Kansas site. There's a really great group of us there and some of us have lots of experience. We're a chatty bunch, just jump in. Lots of experienced people there with answers for everything. I started my flock in February of this year and they've guided me every step of the way. Again, welcome!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from a fellow Kansan, CountryBoy47, and [​IMG]! Always great to welcome another Kansan (even if you just moved in) to BYC!! Best of luck to you!! I think you will enoy this site!

6. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from another fellow Kansan! Glad you found us - there are quite a few from KS around here.

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

8. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG] from California!

9. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC. You will meet lots of people willing to give you all kinds of info on this site.

10. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by