Just a couple of pics I got tonight

thefishery

Songster
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Jeffersonville
These are the chicks I got from Tractor Supply. I've got no idea what kind they are but they are so pretty and very friendly.
43198_spring_2011_039.jpg

43198_spring_2011_037.jpg

I love this one with her beak wide open <3
43198_spring_2011_031.jpg

This is my RIR - my sweet little roo who used to spend the evening on my husbands belly sleeping while we watched tv. Now he's a meany who thinks he's bigger than everyone else. His days are numbered
rant.gif
I call him Red Bologna
43198_spring_2011_014.jpg

All the hens were in the coop while the roos were out keeping watch so I only got roo pics.

43198_spring_2011_016.jpg

My nephew wanted to take this one home with him when he was a chick. He lives in an efficency apartment. I don't think a chick would make a great pet. I told him he could have it but we would keep it and name it after him. So, meet Caleb.
43198_spring_2011_017.jpg

This is the only hen that was out tonight. This is my Americana. She lays a beautiful green egg for me. Her name is Atilla the Hen
wink.png

43198_spring_2011_015.jpg

Now the next pictures are of the little chicks I got from the local elementary school. The kids incubated the eggs which were donated from the University of Kentucky. I think the chicks are Leghorns. They are tiny little guys/gals. I got 38 of them. I built the little coop/run for them out of some pallets. It's the first time I built anything out of wood. It isn't perfect but it works. My flock is free ranged but these guys are too young to be out with the rest but I don't want them to miss out. It's so nice outside and they're only out there for a while so it works for now...and before anyone points it out, all the other sides of the coop are hardware cloth but I ran out so had to use what I had for now so chicken wire it was.

43198_spring_2011_021.jpg

As you can see, some of the little chicks slipped through the chicken wire
th.gif
. Looks like I need to fix that sooner than later. Come on pay day! Aren't they the cutest little things!!
love.gif

43198_spring_2011_032.jpg

Back
Top Bottom