Just a farm dog and her Turkeys

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
I'm a German Shepherd person but then we came by this Bully girl when she was in bad shape at 6 weeks old and needing better care than she had been getting. I took her from a co-worker and found myself with a breed I hadn't had before. She's now 2 years old and has turned out to be quite the little farm dog! After much training, thankfully she's easily trained and motivated through nothing more than praise.

She's working on being friends with the volunteer barn cats, they've let her come in for brief nose kisses. She plays, snuggles and kisses on the house cat. It's ridiculous.

shtu6.jpg

shtu3.jpg

shtu4.jpg

shtu1.jpg

shtu2.jpg

No wait, can't be! They are killers! You know, it's all over the news and they are banned all over for being killers. Yes I am kidding. I love Pits and all dogs. I'd love to see these kinds of pics get out into the public more. The idiots that think its breed specific need to get an education.
She's a beauty and thanks for helping her have the better life all dogs deserve.

No wait, can't be! They are killers! You know, it's all over the news and they are banned all over for being killers. Yes I am kidding. I love Pits and all dogs. I'd love to see these kinds of pics get out into the public more. The idiots that think its breed specific need to get an education.
She's a beauty and thanks for helping her have the better life all dogs deserve.

Yeah she's totally out of control, look at her greeting the barn cats... no leash can hold her back!

She's been showing incredible restraint trying to get those thankless barn cats to be her friend. They've since upgraded to head butting her nose. The orange/white boy offers games now.

sbck1.jpg

Our German Shepherd likes to charge the cats and watch them scatter. I don't think he would hurt them, but he does get yelled at for that activity. He likes to scatter the Guinea Hens also but never hurts them. Once he was charging the guineas and one didn't get out of the way fast enough and he ran it over. It rolled 3 times, got up on its feet and scolded him. He just stood there looking at it like "hey dummy, you were supposed to fly away!"

Our German Shepherd likes to charge the cats and watch them scatter. I don't think he would hurt them, but he does get yelled at for that activity. He likes to scatter the Guinea Hens also but never hurts them. Once he was charging the guineas and one didn't get out of the way fast enough and he ran it over. It rolled 3 times, got up on its feet and scolded him. He just stood there looking at it like "hey dummy, you were supposed to fly away!"

I had a loony Shepherd years ago that would scatter critters on purpose. Geese were her favorite. Once some baby squirrels were on the ground near a tree, so she charged them. They froze and didn't move. It blew her mind, so she sat and stared at them and then looked at me like "Why didn't they run?"

Back
Top Bottom