1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just a few chick pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenranchwife, Apr 25, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I posted awhile back on my cochins, and thought I would share this pic [​IMG]
    Is it a girl or boy? Is it black or blue?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  2. chickenranchwife

[​IMG] Here's another pic, can you tell me what the little white and black guy is? Is it a light brahma?

Here's another chick pic of the one's my broodie hen hatched out [​IMG]

Here are some of the ones I hatched out in my incubator [​IMG]

Here are a few more out of the brooder to play, these are from MMH [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  3. WillsMama93

WillsMama93 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Shreveport, La
    How sweet!!

Your chickens are beautiful! I can't wait to see how my girls turn out.

[​IMG]

4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Well Jada you have certainly increased your flock. Very pretty group

5. chickenranchwife

I can't believe how fast they grow up. I went to my mom's last weekend for a visit, and when I came back the chicks had really grown.

Yes Bama, I have increased my flock, and now that I got the hova 1588 I will continue to increase. The babies I hatched out in the incubator I have already sold to a friend. That's 19 less than I had. Oh yeah, my mom asked me to bring her 4 layers last weekend so I did. I am down by 4, but have the incubator full again.

6. chickenranchwife

Does anyone have any idea as to what the orange and black one is in the 1st pic?

How about the white with black on it in pic 3?

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I was going to ask you what the orange and black one is. lol Very pretty. The cochin does look blue to me. They are all very cute! Thanks for sharing the pics.

Jody

8. chickenranchwife

Thanks hinkjc, it's either a buff brahma, or golden laced cochin. Am not sure what she is yet though.

9. Sahara

Sahara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Keystone Heights, FL
    Thanks for sharing your pictures. You have some beautiful chicks! I am in the process of moving and hope to expand my flock greatly in the near future. At present I do not have an incubator but plan on buying one soon. By what I have read on this forum I know which one I will be purchasing soon.

I have two hens sitting right now and should have biddies about the 10th of May so I hope to share photos of mine soon.

10. chickenranchwife

Sahara,
    I wish you luck on your incubator, and hatching out from a broody hen. It's such an awesome thing to watch. My next hatch happens around the 7th and 8th of May, and found out I'm going to be gone on the 8th. I should have held off my incubation period, but didn't realize I would be gone. It's all to do with work so it's a good thing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by