Just a few more days....Anyone else waiting?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bock, Feb 18, 2011.

1. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I am counting down the days until Thursday! We call it chickmas because waiting for chicks is just like counting down to Christmas! [​IMG] We are very excited, as you can tell. We are getting the following breeds from Belt Hatchery:

Barred Rocks
    Easter Eggers
    Rhode Island Reds
    Black Stars
    Red Stars
    Brown Leghorns
    Black Australorps
    Buff Orpingtons
    and 2 Bronze turkey poults

I CAN NOT wait until Thursday! It's killing me! I can just imagine my little chickies in the protective walls of their eggshells, only 300 miles away. I know I can't be the only one. Who else is counting down to their Chickmas? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Elphaba2140

Elphaba2140 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    Northern Illinois
    Oh yes! Mine are coming next week too. Cannot stand it hardly. I love the name Chickmas. What a great idea to call it that. Here is what I am getting.

Qty Description
    2 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Females
    5 BLUE LACED WYANDOTTE St. Run
    10 BLUE COCHINS St. Run
    2 CUCKOO MARAN Females
    4 Black Frizzle Cochin
    2 BLUE SILKIE BANTAMS St. Run
    2 BUFF LACED POLISH Females
    2 GOLDEN POLISH Females
    2 BUFF ROCK Females
    2 PARTRIDGE ROCK Females
    2 SLVR SPANGLED HAMBURGS Females
    2 SILVER PENCILED ROCKS St. Run

3. waryyear950

waryyear950 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2011
    I'm from northern Minnesota so its a little early for us but cant wait.My daughter just ordered another incubator today.That makes three two for incubating and one for hatching.We already have are list of chicks we're ordering.[​IMG]

4. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    My order is small but I can't wait either!! Mine is scheduled to ship 2/23...so that's Monday right, WOW!!!!

I'm waiting on

3 Black Asutralorps
    3 Barred Plymouth Rocks
    3 Sex Links
    3 Production Reds

Your basic brown egg layers I can't wait!

5. bock

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Yay!!! Actually, I am pretty sure the 23rd is Wednesday, that is when mine are shipping. [​IMG] I am pretty sure they will be here by Thursday. Fingers crossed all 27 of them make it. [​IMG] I don't even remember how many of each I ordered. About 5 of each breed. LOL. I promise to post pics after they get settled in. [​IMG]

6. smattmc

smattmc New Egg

Feb 16, 2011
    I guess it's Chickmas Eve here. I pick mine up tomorrow!

1 Araucana
    1 Black Australorp
    1 Speckled Sussex

Pics to follow.

7. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    Mine ship the 21st; I should get them 23rd.. :)

8. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Mine ship 3/21. I was thinking about ordering a few more to get here a bit earlier but I'll just be patient and wait! [​IMG]

9. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    mine won't come till March 1st - 3rd (any one of those days)....i ordered 16 from Meyer, but i'm only keeping 6 (10 go to a friend). I'm keeping:

1 BJG
    1 SS
    3 EE
    1 RIR

and get this....i asked hubby if he could please pick them up for me when the PO calls around 6:30 am....(i can't do it cuz i run a home daycare)....and he said "can't they just wait at the PO till i get off work?" [​IMG] he obviously doesn't understand, or know, or act like a chicken mom....like i do!! so my answer to THAT question was.... "no WAY can they just wait around in a box till the end of the work day"....my poor lil' chicks!!!

10. bock

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    So many people sharing my excitement! [​IMG]
    smattc, I wish it was Chickmas Eve for me too! We expect pics, you know. [​IMG]
    Chknut, hubby obviously does not understand! That would be an awfully long wait, but it's all worth it! [​IMG]
    Waiting until the end of March or later must be hard. Last year I had to wait until the end of April for my ducks and geese. That was a LONG wait. [​IMG] But they all arrived in great shape the day after they shipped. Belt and Metzer farms aren't that far apart, so hopefully I will get the same results this year. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by