Just a few more days....Anyone else waiting?

bock

Songster
11 Years
Oct 10, 2008
Northern CA
I am counting down the days until Thursday! We call it chickmas because waiting for chicks is just like counting down to Christmas!
tongue.png
We are very excited, as you can tell. We are getting the following breeds from Belt Hatchery:

Barred Rocks
Easter Eggers
Rhode Island Reds
Black Stars
Red Stars
Brown Leghorns
Black Australorps
Buff Orpingtons
and 2 Bronze turkey poults

I CAN NOT wait until Thursday! It's killing me! I can just imagine my little chickies in the protective walls of their eggshells, only 300 miles away. I know I can't be the only one. Who else is counting down to their Chickmas?
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Oh yes! Mine are coming next week too. Cannot stand it hardly. I love the name Chickmas. What a great idea to call it that. Here is what I am getting.

Qty Description
2 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Females
5 BLUE LACED WYANDOTTE St. Run
10 BLUE COCHINS St. Run
2 CUCKOO MARAN Females
4 Black Frizzle Cochin
2 BLUE SILKIE BANTAMS St. Run
2 BUFF LACED POLISH Females
2 GOLDEN POLISH Females
2 BUFF ROCK Females
2 PARTRIDGE ROCK Females
2 SLVR SPANGLED HAMBURGS Females
2 SILVER PENCILED ROCKS St. Run

I'm from northern Minnesota so its a little early for us but cant wait.My daughter just ordered another incubator today.That makes three two for incubating and one for hatching.We already have are list of chicks we're ordering.
celebrate.gif

My order is small but I can't wait either!! Mine is scheduled to ship 2/23...so that's Monday right, WOW!!!!

I'm waiting on

3 Black Asutralorps
3 Barred Plymouth Rocks
3 Sex Links
3 Production Reds

Your basic brown egg layers I can't wait!

Yay!!! Actually, I am pretty sure the 23rd is Wednesday, that is when mine are shipping.
big_smile.png
I am pretty sure they will be here by Thursday. Fingers crossed all 27 of them make it.
fl.gif
I don't even remember how many of each I ordered. About 5 of each breed. LOL. I promise to post pics after they get settled in.
big_smile.png

I guess it's Chickmas Eve here. I pick mine up tomorrow!

1 Araucana
1 Black Australorp
1 Speckled Sussex

Pics to follow.

Mine ship 3/21. I was thinking about ordering a few more to get here a bit earlier but I'll just be patient and wait!
barnie.gif

mine won't come till March 1st - 3rd (any one of those days)....i ordered 16 from Meyer, but i'm only keeping 6 (10 go to a friend). I'm keeping:

1 BJG
1 SS
3 EE
1 RIR

and get this....i asked hubby if he could please pick them up for me when the PO calls around 6:30 am....(i can't do it cuz i run a home daycare)....and he said "can't they just wait at the PO till i get off work?"
ep.gif
he obviously doesn't understand, or know, or act like a chicken mom....like i do!! so my answer to THAT question was.... "no WAY can they just wait around in a box till the end of the work day"....my poor lil' chicks!!!

So many people sharing my excitement!
smile.png

smattc, I wish it was Chickmas Eve for me too! We expect pics, you know.
tongue.png

Chknut, hubby obviously does not understand! That would be an awfully long wait, but it's all worth it!
big_smile.png

Waiting until the end of March or later must be hard. Last year I had to wait until the end of April for my ducks and geese. That was a LONG wait.
wink.png
But they all arrived in great shape the day after they shipped. Belt and Metzer farms aren't that far apart, so hopefully I will get the same results this year.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom