Just a few pics....Rescue boys.

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
OK, I have 3 roosters left here...I think they will just be my little mascots.

Here are a few pics.
The little red guy...is Rocky...and the white silkiex is yet to be named, mother wants to name him frosty.
RockyNFrosty.jpg

Rocky.jpg

Any ideas what Rocky might be?? ( ohter than just tooo cute!?)

Hey, Deb, he is a cutie. I don't know what he is, but why does his comb flop over like that? Inquiring minds want to know. Did you get a new avatar, don't confuse me like that.
lol.png

texaschickmama ..... LOL, im sorry...yes, I have a new avatar. Its one mdae up for me by a fellow BYC'er. Thats my barn, and one of my Roos.

When I got these boys, they were in stacked cages, in a HOT leantoo of a barn. When he first came here, his comb almost covered his eye...it was really flopped over bad. Its shrinking some...but I think the damage has been done...and he will most likely be like that forever now.

ChicknGurl .. He has clean legs. he MIGHT weigh a pound...and thinks he can take on my RIR ( 9 pounds) through the fence! LOL Thats why we named him Rocky...small, and tough!

MissPrissy .. Thanks. It was everyone on here that needs the credit as well. With the help, and careing, and encouragements...they are all recovered.

OK, I'm about as far from being an "expert" as you could ask for, LOL.

But I am noticing that Rocky has fairly large wattles (and comb) compared to his head size, and his wing carriage looks to be very low. He has that in common with my Japanese Bantam, along with the very tiny size and BIG attitude.
smile.png

I can't see the tail, if it is the same type or not. It really doesn't appear to be, but my little guy is missing the long central feathers (I think Jap Bantams must have easily broken tailfeathers anyway). Also, his legs are too long, but I do know that many of them are hatched with long legs, and just not used for breeding unless they have other characteristics the breeder really wants.

I can't see if his back is short, but it appears that it might be.

Well, I may be a million miles off, of course. I don't have pics of my guy (YET!) to post. I'm hoping to get them developed soon so I can. I haven't developed film since March's pics, and I have NONE of the chickens yet.

Good luck figuring him out! And great job rescuing them!!!

trish

Back
Top Bottom