Just a few questions on Chickens in general..

All4Eggz

Jesus Loves You🌵
Apr 23, 2021
Massachusetts
I just had a few questions about chickens in general. I've tried looking some of it up, but sometimes it doesn't get explained in depth, like I would like it to.

Q1. Why do roosters crow? (What causes them to crow) Do ALL roosters crow?
Q2. How is an egg formed (inside the hen's body)?
Q3. Why do roosters sometimes get a rush of "mating-ness", where they chase a hen until she is mounted? :idunno:lol:
Q4. Does sunlight affect roosters at all, other than showing them when and when not to crow?
Q5. What percentage of eggs hatched (on average) will turn out to be males/females? (I believe it was 50/50, but I'm not positive)
Q6. How does an egg get fertilized?
Q7. Is it true that the rooster with the biggest spurs is always the most dominant?

Thanks in advance ❤️

I just had a few questions about chickens in general. I've tried looking some of it up, but sometimes it doesn't get explained in depth, like I would like it to.

Q3. Why do roosters sometimes get a rush of "mating-ness", where they chase a hen until she is mounted? :idunno:lol:
Q4. Does sunlight affect roosters at all, other than showing them when and when not to crow?
Q5. What percentage of eggs hatched (on average) will turn out to be males/females? (I believe it was 50/50, but I'm not positive)
Q7. Is it true that the rooster with the biggest spurs is always the most dominant?

Thanks in advance ❤️
I will be watching this 😁…I have no answer at all, but I am really interested to know what other ppls thought are! Great questions 👍

Thanks in advance ❤️
I can't wait to see what others think! The only thing that I want to say about the questions is that I have never heard of the last one and it is probably not true.

Thanks in advance ❤️
1. Because They like to complain
3. Hormones
4. Yes.... Sunlight affects all.
5. 50
7. No.

1. So the sun will rise.
Yes all roosters crow.
2. From the inside out.
Mother nature's magic.
3. Horniness
4. Yes. It causes the answer above.
5. 10% males 10% females 80% other or unsure.
6. By asking for it.
7. No it's the biggest pecker and wattles.

I'm new to chickens so don't quote me on any of that.

1. So the sun will rise.
Yes all roosters crow.
2. From the inside out.
Mother nature's magic.
3. Horniness
4. Yes. It causes the answer above.
5. 10% males 10% females 80% other or unsure.
6. By asking for it.
7. No it's the biggest pecker and wattles.

I'm new to chickens so don't quote me on any of that.
Sounds like you're not new to chickens :lol: ... Thanks for your help!

Thanks in advance ❤️
1. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fnmol.2012.00032/full -their suprachiasmatic nucleus and circadian rhythms. The same things that make you sleepy or make you wake up makes them crow in the morning. Then they crow throughout the day because they are full of themselves.
2. youtube video referenced above
3. What, do you think that WE are roosters? IDK ask one.
4. Sleep and wake along with hours felt like any other diurnal animal.
5. 50/50, but that is over thousands of eggs
6. Youtube referenced above.
7. No. Go read Freud.

Thanks in advance ❤️
1. Not sure. It’s a natural behavior. Why do wolves howl?
2. Hens have minuscule yolks that are clumped together in the ovaries. They slowly get bigger, and a ‘mature’ one is released 24 hours before an egg is laid. As that yolk travels down the track, it is clad with whites, membrane, a shell, and bloom.
3. Because they’re dumb male animals with unrealistic expectations of their hens, like “She needs to be fine with me banging her whenever I feel like it.”
4. Roosters crow whenever they want. I’ve met a little guy who crowed at night.
5. It’s 50/50, but studies have been done with the vague result that more females hatch at higher temps. Don’t try that at home.
6. Well, rooster jumps on hen, does his thing, and then the semen travels up the hen’s system where it fertilizes the eggs being created.
7. No. Just no.

Back
Top Bottom