1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just a few turkey pics......What do you think? Hens or Toms?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by chicmom, Aug 1, 2011.

1. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I'm so proud of my turkeys! These are the first two turkeys I've ever raised:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are the same two turkeys, a Royal Palm and a Blue Slate. I still don't know what sex they are! What do y'all think? I bought them on May 20th of this year, as day old poults.

They really like this chair......LOL

2. syble

syble Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    with a wattle that big at 2 months old, the blue slate is probably a tom, not sure on the palm, need a head shot

3. chicmom

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Quote:I will try and get a better head shot....I do think they both have the same wattles too......

If they're both toms, will they get along OK? They really seem to like eachother so far. They are buddies, always chirping and calling to eachother......

4. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Given their age I'm going to say the Slate is a definite tom. Can't see the Palm clearly enough to say for sure, but I suspect a tom as well. They'll get along fine since there are no hens about.

5. chicmom

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    A.T. Hagan :

Given their age I'm going to say the Slate is a definite tom. Can't see the Palm clearly enough to say for sure, but I suspect a tom as well. They'll get along fine since there are no hens about.

Thank you! I can't wait to see them strutting around the yard.....Only the white one has done it so far, and very rarely. The white one looks exactly like the blue one, as far as the neck and head......​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by