just a funny from the chicks and kids...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stargazingmommy, May 11, 2011.

1. stargazingmommy

stargazingmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    my 17 yr old came running inside today "mom help come fast i think there's something wrong with bela she's flopping all over the ground and Tiki(runt) is freaking out to and the ducks to come quick mom"
    being mom and a new duck and chick mom I ran out in a panic...
    belatrix was taking a dust bath...Tiki doesn't like being ignored and the ducks thought people mean food...they didn't get broccoli they were bad
  2. zoa

zoa Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2011
    Buxton, ND
  3. iBoodle

iBoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    I laugh whenever I see them taking their dust baths! It's so funny....and gross, haha.
  4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's cute. I remember when my chicks first went outside; they had been inside in the brooder forever, and while the coop was being built I finally brought them outside in a little pen to play during the daylight, until the coop was finished. Several hours into the first day I went out to find two of them dust bathing, and although I had read about it, I actually panicked thinking they were having heat stroke from being out in the sun for too long. I panicked and ran toward them and they jumped up all offended. [​IMG] Then I just felt like an idiot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by