Just a funny guinea story

thefishery

Songster
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Jeffersonville
I got 4 guineas last year at a small animal swap. I have a large flock of chickens and I just tossed the guineas in with them. Everyone was happy. The guineas added more fun to the chicken watching. Flying up in trees, sitting on the roof of the house and garage, very entertaining.

We have one house very close to ours. Our drive ways are literally 5 feet apart, maybe a little more. We have a privacy fence that runs the length of the property on that one side. The house was empty for a long time but someone moved in last fall. They had chickens and A guinea. A guinea who had never seen another guinea.

As the neighbors were moving in, my guineas sat on top of the fence screaming at them and then it happened, they brought their guinea out. OMG my guineas had a fit! They ran to their guinea as if they were long lost cousins being reunited after a 20 year search. On the other hand, their guinea was freaking out. I could only imagine if they were talking it would have been like this:

My guineas: HEY!!! OH HEY!!! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AAAAAAGES!!!!!
Their guinea: OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. OMG. SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!! HELP!!! WHAT ARE THESE THINGS!!!! HEEEEEELLLP!!!!
My guineas: WHERE YOU GOING? COME BACK!! HEY! STOP!! WHY ARE YOU RUNNING!!!?????
Their guinea: WTH ARE THESE THINGS!!! OMG. OMG. OMG.

That went on for about two weeks. I almost felt sorry for their poor guinea. Now, their guinea is the ring leader and they all stay at my house and go to the neighbors to visit. I wish I had a camera to record that first encounter.

lau.gif
yeah that would have been an awesome video!

Back
Top Bottom