Just a hobby chicken lady.

Southerncurlz

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2018
Western NC
Joining my first forum ever and of course its with chickens. Located in NC, all i do is take care of animals for a living. Now that I have a wonderful man who supports my animal love, I'm finally venturing into backyard flocks. Orphingtons are my staple bird due to docility, size and egg production. I love seeing all types of chickens and now frizzles have my attention. Had a streak of bad luck last year with my first flock. Marek's disease wiped out 41 of 44 birds.... needless to say, I'm a firm believer in vaccinations and closed flock management. Looking forward to seeing all the new experiences and good success stories as well as a supportive community that surrounds fellow chicken lovers when times are hard with their flock.

IMG_2690.jpg
IMG_3489.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg

G’Day from down under Southerncurlz :frow Welcome!

Chicken Sympathy.jpg

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

I see you mention you are in NC, but if you include your general location on your profile, this will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of your flock or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your flock. I think Marek's is every chicken keeper's worst nightmare. Anyway, welcome to BYC! Theres a wealth of information on this site and lots of helpful, experienced members who are always happy to give friendly advice. I hope you enjoy the site :thumbsup.

Back
Top Bottom