1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

just a little confused ... its hard being a newbie !

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by loupan, Dec 1, 2011.

1. loupan

loupan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    Can someone please set me straight i have read on here that you dont count the first day you put your eggs into the bator ? i put mine in the evening of 12th november ,and started day one as the next day which would make my egg 20 days today but should i have not counted that day ? which would make my egg day 19 im so confused arrrrrrr also i have absolutly no movement in my egg at all i have finally kept my temp at 99 and my humidity at 66% but have i put into lockdown a day to early [​IMG] realy wnat this chick to hatch [​IMG]

2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    You are day 19 Good Luck [​IMG] Happy Hatching [​IMG]

3. Firtle

Firtle Out Of The Brooder

Nov 27, 2011
    i think ur ok. Its ok if you put on lockdown on day 19. Just pray and pray that he'll hatch and he probably will. (i'm not being religious or anything)

4. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
  5. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    ok thankyou thats probaly why i havent seen anything happen then [​IMG] i am praying everyday i realy realy want this egg to hatch

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I've had day 25 and say 27 hatches. Don't give up. Sometimes chicks are like babies. The come when they want to. Sometimes sooner, sometimes later. You'll be find, not sit on your hands and when you fog the window up with your nose against the glass it's time to eat, drink or get up and stretch. LOL

Do NOT open that bator!

7. loupan

Nov 24, 2011
    newzealand
    [​IMG] im determined to stay away now and it figures it will prob be late all 3 of my daughters were overdue [​IMG]

8. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

As I understand it, your math is correct - November 13 should be day 1. Mine always seem to start hatching on day 20 using that method - never move in advance and only just this last time peeped prior to pipping. Don't give up!!! (Plus, they drag out the hatch for DAYS .... )

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by