1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just a little snow.....NOT!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by blueberrychickens, Jan 21, 2011.

1. blueberrychickens

blueberrychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Here's a picture of the coop today in the snow. We got another 7 inches of snow, the girls are still not liking the snow one bit. So glad I bagged those leaves in the fall.

[​IMG]

More snow on the way for next week too....after a blast of bitter arctic air.....I so do not enjoy winter! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    But the girls gave me 7 eggs today!! YAY!! [​IMG]

2. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    BURRRRRRRRR [​IMG] They are probably laying eggs because those nest boxes are warm!

3. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    very nice set up [​IMG], I love it. You can count me in too. We've had 5 snow storms in 1 month and the first one was over 36 inches of snow in our area, so yeah, I am not too crazy about the winter. Can't wait for the spring. How many chic's you have ? Eggs are always a bonus during winter season [​IMG]

4. wolfandfinch

wolfandfinch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2011
    Vancouver BC
    cute coop!

great idea about the leaves, I'll have to remember that, not that we ever get much snow.

5. Baymen Moe

Baymen Moe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2009
    Pembroke, Ma.
    I'm right there with you, a little east of you. I've had enough too!

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Adorable coop! Very cheerful and festive looking [​IMG] Don't you wish the run was roofed??? We don't have nearly the snow you guys do, and I'm hating it here - wish winter was over... [​IMG]

7. enggass

enggass Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Mid-Coast Maine
    I hear you. We got about 12+ inches today and it's supposed to get down to -10ยบ Sunday night.
    Is that a Roo I see near the roof of your coop or something else?

8. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    Yes I do wish the run was roofed, but my DH goes in w/ the snowblower & clears it out for the girls since they refuse to come out into the snow.
    & enggass, yup thats a metal rooster up on top of the run, he's supposed to scare away the hawks but it doesn't work....[​IMG]
    &mamachic21, I have 8 girls, 2 who have decided to go broody....in January none the less!!! Silly girls!

Gettin' ready for yet another big storm Wed/Thurs......[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    Quote:I am so sick of this snow and minus double digit coldness [​IMG]. Broody and 2 [​IMG] they must be very comfortable. Did you seperate them from others or no need since there are only 8 ?

10. blueberrychickens

May 12, 2010
    Hudson, MA
    No they are still all together, I have no place to put the broodies right now. In the spring I want to find a little tykes play house & turn it into a broody house so the girls can hatch out some eggs. Since now they are not sitting on any eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by