Just a note to say HI from a newbie

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by fiddlefever, Aug 20, 2008.

1. fiddlefever

fiddlefever Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    I have been visiting BYC for a couple of weeks now and have never come across such a great forum! So much info but more importantly so many helpful people.

I'm a new chicken owner who moved from the big little city of Toledo, OH to Dickson, TN. I have never raised anything except kitties and doggies until I inherited a flock of free ranging bantums from the previous owner.

After they were getting picked off by preditors, wild and domestic I was getting attached more than I even knew. I cried for EVERY one I lost.

It all came to head last Nov. when Chicky-Chick was born on the coldest day so far. He/She became an indoor chicken for the winter (silkie) and part of the indoor family.

And the rest is what I call the beginnings of a passion for chickens for a city girl leaning towards a bit of a country gal.

Anyways, I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to stay around this great site![​IMG]

ff

2. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Welcome to byc! :)

3. simba49450

simba49450 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Michigan
    WELCOME!!!

the chat is a great place to find out things or to just chat about whatever. and you meet alot of cool people:D

4. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. fiddlefever

fiddlefever Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Thanks so much for the welcomes! I'll tell you, this is not a "normal" website. Such a sense of friends and family.

ff

6. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Hello [​IMG] and [​IMG] from another Buckeye! Raising chickens is a learn-as-you-go process. You can read all the books and still run into things that aren't quite like the book says and that's where BYC comes in mighty handy! Lots of experience on one website.

7. ronniega1

ronniega1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    vidalia ga
    are't silkies wonderful.....i have raised them for years....my whites have become so full and beautiful i hope to have a good batch this spring....great tops....glad that you are loving the hobby i know i do.....[​IMG]

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    [​IMG]

Get to gleaning all you can so you can eat some eggs [​IMG]

9. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hello and Welcome!

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

You'll find lots of helpful advice and friendly conversation here.
    Welcome to the flock!

(By the way, Silkies are sooo cute! No wonder you fell in love!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by