Just a quick funny story...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jmk3482, Mar 13, 2008.

1. jmk3482

jmk3482 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2007
    Troy, MO
    This is just a quick funny story:

I went out to my chickens this morning before work to give them some corn and to watch them peck at the suet cage of greens I had hung there yesterday. As I was standing there watching them, I started wishing I had time to let them out and sit in a chair with an ice tea and watch them forage because I hadn't been able to do that in months with the cold weather.

But then I realized that it was spring and the weather was getting warmer so pretty soon, I WOULD be able to do that. And that got me so excited. Then I started day dreaming of ordering the chicken breeds that I REALLY wanted and that I wanted to get a big pretty EE roo and a couple hens and then I started thinking of the possibility of hatching out my OWN EE's and how fun that would be and I was just drifting in and out of all this wonderful chicken BLISS when all of a sudden I thought...

OH S###, I've got to go to work!!! So reluctenly, I turned my back on my pretty babies and came to work. [​IMG]

But I'm getting off early today, so I'll get to see them soon!!

Hello, my name is Jessi, and I'm a chickenaholic.

2. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

Welcome. Sounds like you are as addicted as most of us so you'll fit right in! [​IMG]

Jacie

3. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    I've been through that. Sitting in the coop when I realize, hey, shouldnt I be somewhere? nah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by