Just an observation.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Huskeriowa, May 8, 2011.

1. Huskeriowa

Huskeriowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2010
    Iowa
    My Coop
    Hi all,

This isn't that noteworthy really but I just put my 6 chicks (6 weeks old) outside in the run and coop for the first time yesterday. This morning I went out and got them all out of the coop so they could hang out in the run. While watching them 'cannon ball' each other and make mad dashes to areas of the run that they have been to a hundred times to evidently SEE it for the first time again it dawned on me just how they have to be about the dumbest animals existing. I get such a kick out of watching the brilliant ideas they come up with only to see them forget what they dashed somewhere to do in the first place. I also get a kick out of how greedy they can be when they have something or think that another has something to covet.

Anyway, its just an observation. Its funny how they can exhibit ALL the traits you wouldn't want in a human yet we get a kick out of watching them. I am just glad I wasn't born a chicken and have to be among the little idiots.

2. foreverdavis

foreverdavis Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    I've been thinking the same thing...we love to watch their greed and coveting and bickering. LOL

3. Nambroth

Nambroth Fud Lady

Apr 7, 2011
    Western NY
    My Coop
    Just to play devil's advocate: have you ever observed a group of school children? Or a group of teenagers? [​IMG]

4. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

5. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Quote:[​IMG] I was thinking about our 7 chicks when I dropped my toddler off at daycare, very similar!

6. Gardengirl 2011

Gardengirl 2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] It IS fun to watch their antics.

7. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Quote:I home school because I have seen the village and I don't want it raising my children [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by