Just another baby quail video.

yakitori

Crowing
Jun 22, 2020
New York
I was busy with work for my last two quail hatches, so this actually the first time I’m spending a significant amount of time with the babies. They are just so cute!

I know you’ve all probably seen enough baby quail videos to be sick of them, but since I’m in love all over again, I had to share.

Sorry, not sorry!

I was busy with work for my last two quail hatches, so this actually the first time I’m spending a significant amount of time with the babies. They are just so cute!

I know you’ve all probably seen enough baby quail videos to be sick of them, but since I’m in love all over again, I had to share.

Sorry, not sorry!

Julia Child said never apologize if a dish doesn't turn out as planned...it's the same with baby quail videos! And I have hundreds so you are not alone! Your babies are perfect, be proud!

How can anyone ever get sick of quail chick vids?? - love them - they are sooooooo adorable!
I just introduced a girlfriend to my tame male button quail and he's terrified of her -- she's chasing HIM all over their run. Looking for some fertilized button eggs in the next week or so...

Your babies are perfect, be proud!
I’m definitely proud of them, I have them right on my desk so I can play with them while I work, lol!

I just introduced a girlfriend to my tame male button quail and he's terrified of her -- she's chasing HIM all over their run.
Lolol! did you raise him as an only chick? I’m finding that mine got skittish around day 2...

How can anyone ever get sick of quail chick vids?? - love them - they are sooooooo adorable!
I just introduced a girlfriend to my tame male button quail and he's terrified of her -- she's chasing HIM all over their run. Looking for some fertilized button eggs in the next week or so...
I lost my female darth recently, the male is devastated and has been growling and hawk crying constantly. I have another group with 3 hens and a male, all cinnamon darths, and one hen was laugh calling back to him and he would hawk call her. I did look and don’t touch for a bit, and they seemed enamored with each other, I let her loose with him and she took one look at him and decided heck no! She attacked and chased him and pulled out a bald patch on his butt as he tried to run and she would grab him constantly. Some birds just don’t like each other. I have 3 chicks that are a week old, unknown gender but I’m hoping 2 girls and a boy. Hopefully the new girls will like him haha, he’s not the picky one, so I think it’ll work better adding young hens when they’re almost mature, than it did when I added a mature adult.

Lolol! did you raise him as an only chick? I’m finding that mine got skittish around day 2...
yeah he was an 'only chick' ... He's just going on 6 weeks. The new female is a blue-silver who's really calm but as soon as she starts to move my nearly 6 week male panics and starts running around crying for me to save his fluffy little butt.. poor fellow, I feel bad for him... scared of a woman button.. All he wants to do is play in my hair! LOL

The female even calls for him but I don't think he knows what that means!

I think all buttons are skittish to some degree, but my boy is ultra tame because I've played with him since hatching for a few hours a day. (he still doesn't like when I go to pick him up though, but once he's out, he is happy as a clam to crawl all over me and nest in my hair)

Last edited:
I lost my female darth recently, the male is devastated and has been growling and hawk crying constantly. I have another group with 3 hens and a male, all cinnamon darths, and one hen was laugh calling back to him and he would hawk call her. I did look and don’t touch for a bit, and they seemed enamored with each other, I let her loose with him and she took one look at him and decided heck no! She attacked and chased him and pulled out a bald patch on his butt as he tried to run and she would grab him constantly. Some birds just don’t like each other. I have 3 chicks that are a week old, unknown gender but I’m hoping 2 girls and a boy. Hopefully the new girls will like him haha, he’s not the picky one, so I think it’ll work better adding young hens when they’re almost mature, than it did when I added a mature adult.
Sounds like internet dating :lau

9E1B5FC9-FFAC-4505-847A-D55BBFEE9B3E.jpeg

4 days old

Back
Top Bottom