1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just another day on the funny farm

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by KristyHall, Jun 23, 2011.

1. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    So this morning I take scraps out to the chickens and they gobble up the scraps before they eat their feed.

They free range most of the morning and by lunch they're crops are so full I worry they'll pop.

I have an apple with lunch and toss the core out to them and they fight over it like they are starving to death.

Remember my dear Aussie that sliced off his lower lip and chin on debris thrown from the April tornadoes while herding the chickens?

Well I believe he has developed a vendetta against the chickens. First he sits on a chicken and refuses to move until I walk over and demand he move. The chicken was not happy.

I was around back when I heard a chicken SCREAMING like it was dieing. Frightened I run around the front and find my Aussie holding down one of the birds with a paw. The bird was thrashing and screaming and having a total hissy. He looked up at me proudly and I realized it was one of the birds that never stays with the other chickens. He must have gotten tired of chasing it all over the place.
    The bird was unharmed but is now afraid of my ausie.

While braiding garlic I managed to get some of my waist length hair caught in the braid. I really should pay attention to what I am doing.

I dropped an egg on my foot. It broke open and my foot was swarmed by birds that managed to clean it up without removing any of my toes.

When making quiche laurane for lunch, I forgot to add the milk. My sister walks into find me with my head in the oven, carefully whisking milk into the mix. (my mother calls me asbestos fingers since heat doesn't bother me much.)

My neighbor's calf ( well old enough to eat feed) was shouting and crying the other day. My mother was out walking and she heard it. She wandered across the field to see why the baby was crying and discovered dear in the barn, eating the feed put in there for the baby. The calf was pitching a fit at the thieves. The deer scattered when they spotted her. (My mother can sneak like no body's business, even now with her neurological illness. Growing up I got caught at so much stuff because she would slip up on me without even trying)

Oh and while fishing with Wicked nerd and my DL, she and i kept catching branches in the pond, and I kept finding snakes. Everywhere I went there was a snake.

We caught no fish.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Oh, just go ahead and braid garlic into your hair! It smells delightful, and will repel headlice and vampires...who knows, you might start the next trend, after rooster feather extensions... [​IMG]

3. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:but but but what if I want to be a vampire

a sparkly vampire

who's only worry is dating the cool guy

and sparkling in public

[​IMG]

4. dainerra

dainerra Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    lol my brother sent this to my daughter, a HUGE Twilight fan..

if your boyfriend won't sleep with you and sparkles in the sun, he isn't a vampire. He's gay.

5. WickedNerd

WickedNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    North Alabama
    Let's not forget that with the branch came pond scum that carried fungus that causes ringworm. Lots of fun to get rid of...stupid branch.

6. mulewagon

mulewagon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2010
    Alabama
    Hah, Buffy could totally kick those sparkly vamp wanna-bes! Here she is, dealing with Edward:

7. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Quote:that is really well done. Who ever did the editing really worked hard on it.

8. ouracrybaby

ouracrybaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Wellsburg
    I can relate to the day you had! I tend to have days like that a lot.

9. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Major slayage....

Totally off topic, but it sounds like you had a very interesting day.

Huge Buffy fan here!

10. KristyHall

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    mom'sfolly :

Major slayage....

Totally off topic, but it sounds like you had a very interesting day.

Huge Buffy fan here!

I don't care if people get off topic in my random pointless threads like this one. conversation is fun.
    Buffy is awesome. You do not see many strong do it herself females on tv.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by