Just another sex question!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ceeceeholt, Sep 17, 2011.

1. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    Cuckoo Marans mix. One grew a good size tail quickly the others is stubby still. They are 3 weeks old Monday. Both girls? Ike is the black/white, Tina is black/copper, momma was a game hen!
    [​IMG]

RIR roo or hen? He is 6 weeks old on Monday. Kinda hoping for a roo but will not be disappointed with a hen at all. He/she is dominate for sure, friendly and the comb is redder then any of the other 3. We call him/her Big Red! The one on the right!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of the teenagers, I think are all hens.

[​IMG]

Thanks everyone, you've all helped me so much in raising these babies so far so good!!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I think the Cuckoo Marans mixes are a little too early to tell, but it looks like you might get your RIR rooster. Compared to the pullet next to him/her in the first picture, the comb looks larger and redder.

3. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    I'd say the RIR is a Roo, those feathers do look long.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Cuckoo anything's are never too early to sex. The barred one is a girl. Same as the black one.

The Production Red in question probably is a boy.

5. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:WOW!!! Just look at those eggs in your profile pic.....they are BEAUTIFUL!!

6. ceeceeholt

ceeceeholt Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Alabama
    [​IMG] [​IMG] I so wanted at least one of the baby RIR's to be a Roo! So he can keep the name Big Red. Guess I need a new name of Ike [​IMG] oh well, wanted them both to be hens. Someone on here said that if a Marans had a white dot on the head it was a boy! Lots of opinions! Thank you all for looking at my pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by