Just arrived ... babies...(pics).now w/pics!!

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by critters, Aug 11, 2011.

1. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

ordered babies from Murray McMurray Hatcheries and they arrived today... all 30 look great!!

ok...ordered Buff, White, Purple, Lavender and Coral Blue babies... can pick out the white and buff
    but am guessing at the others.... which are which?? aren't they so cute...

[​IMG]
    just opened their shipping box..

[​IMG]
    1 of 3 unsure which pic shows color best...2 of whites have black dot on head

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so, what do ya'll think....I have 29 guineas already but wanted some color and new blood in the flock!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Uh oh, it says images not available! [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
  4. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Look at those balls of fluff!! [​IMG]

I'm going to let Peeps decide which is which because I'm still terrible at colors.

5. critters

PeepsCa...got the image problem fixed....what do you think??

6. birdboy508

birdboy508 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2011
    east taunton
    theyre so cute and look healty.[​IMG]

7. critters

here's my guess...going by the last posted picture, looking at the bottom right corner[​IMG]

Buff in the corner...to his left is a Purple and next to his right a White...
    just above the Purple I think might be the Lavender and above him the Coral Blue...guessing by head marking

and the Whites w/ a black dot?? Males??

How close am I??

8. livenwpeeps

livenwpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2011
    King William
    They are some pretty keets!! And look at all those colors!!!

9. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Quote:I'd say your guesses are correct on the bottom pic...

Since you know the Whites and Buffs already... here's some quick descriptions, and I labeled a few keets on one of your pics:

Lavender keets = 2-tone grey/tan striped bodies, 1 wide grey stripe and narrow grey and tan outline stripes on their heads (no white on the wings, only a cream colored chest/belly)
    Coral Blue keets = 2-tone grey/tan striped bodies, broken grey and tan squiggly lines on their heads, white wings all the way to the shoulders
    Royal Purple keets = 2-tone brown/tan striped bodies, broken brown and tan squiggly lines on their heads, white wings all the way to the shoulders

White with black dot on the back of the head is normal, (just a remnant of the color that the White/Pied gene is covering up), it's not an indication of sex.

[​IMG]

Hope that helps! ADORABLE babies, CONGRATS!!!!!

Edit:
    Hmm, now that I'm looking at the pic I labeled again, I'm not positive if the Coral Blue I labeled on the far right isn't a Buff... hard to tell, so go by the descriptions I typed out.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  10. critters

Thanks bunches!!! We just love these little guys..... sadly I lost one by the others smashing him under a pile (I guess??)
    one of the purples...they have plently of room and heat and actually pretty spread out so not sure how it happened...
    they were only left alone for about an hour while I went out to do the evening feed for all those outdoors and after coming
    back indoors looked in on them and saw him lying there...I hate it...it's never fair when one dies...hopefully this will
    be my only loss. They all seem so healthy, they should do well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by