Just because I feed you, doesn't mean I'M FOOD!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, May 5, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Due to the size and set-up of our brooder, I occasionally have to actually step in the brooder when it's not possible to just reach in from the sides. Here's what happens when I do:

[​IMG]

Is it me they love or just the thought of more food?!

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    A little of both [​IMG] They are hoping you may have dropped food or a treat on your feet. hehehehe Mine do the same thing.

3. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    LOL!!! Mine do the same thing!!!!

4. 55885100

55885100 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    thats funny my chicks do the same thing. i think they like my frecals. some times they will actualy rip off a peace of skin. it really hurts. but hew could stay made a some thing so cute and inasent.

5. S0rcy

S0rcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mine no longer wait for us to cross the yard to the new coop, they are at the pen door cheaping as loud as they can. The second we open it, they are all over our legs and Peep is the bravest and claims a shoulder. After a few minutes of not receiving bribes, they flutter around to check out the grass. I attempted to hold a worm today to get a shot of one reaching for it .... yeeeeahhhh ... I'll get the sensation back in my fingertips some day LOL!

6. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Yesterday I wore sandals into the run with my 2-month olds. I guess my toes looked like big, juicy mealworms!

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    But I'm starting to suspect my SO is a tad bit sadistic. He suggested I paint my toenails red. [​IMG]

8. belibutn

belibutn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    East TN
    Quote:hahaha I was going to suggest the same thing, but I know I am sadistic. I bet flip flops and the colorful stripey toe socks that my wife likes to wear would illicit weird chick reactions too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by