Just because you love pics as much as me !!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickengirlnm, Sep 15, 2007.

1. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    OK I finally got some pictures of my girls. Also MY FIRST EGG !!!!! And the very good girl that laid it. I am also posting pics of the " temp " coop they are in I want to enclose the whole thing for winter and raise it up off the ground - you can see in the pics how close my neighbors are so we need a coop that is real safe from dogs - most every one here breeds pit bulls than just lets them roam where ever so far we have gotten lucky and no chickens have been hurt. any ideas would be great.
    [​IMG]

thier temp yard next summer we are planning on making it bigger - view from front porch

The hen who laid the egg my sweetheart Peaches if i am right she is a buff orp.

her egg

My "big " rooster Clyde ( he has a girl of the same breed guess what her name is LOL )

view from my bathroom window

[​IMG]

My light brahmas
    [​IMG]

Hope you liked the pics any ideas on the coop would be great my girls would be alot happier in cold weather when it gets here. They do have perches in there they did not show up on pics.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  2. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    some of the pics did not show up here they are -

Peaches
    [​IMG]

her egg

[​IMG]

Clyde my roo

[​IMG]

The temp yard
    [​IMG]

ok now that should be better LOL

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Nice pictures..I love Brahmas.
    I'd put up hotwire so that if the neighbour's dogs do decide to stop by for a chicken dinner, they'd get a nasty surprise.

4. chickengirlnm

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    we were just talking about that today- sofar we have gotten lucky that no chicks have been hurt - except by my drake - looks like I will have to rehome him he keeps going after the same pullet and is really starting to hurt her- he has messed up her tail feathers pretty bad.
    Dont know what else to do with him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by