1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just bought a house with a chicken coop in Memphis, TN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ward, May 15, 2008.

1. ward

ward New Egg

May 15, 2008
    I just bought a house in Memphis and the owners were keeping chickens in the backyard. I bought the coop and thought I'd try my hand at chicken-keeping. I don't know anything about it.

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Ward, if you hang around BYC often enough, you'll learn EVERYthing you'll ever need to know. Welcome to chickens and welcome to BYC.

3. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    [​IMG]

You have come to the right place for answers. Just ask questions and someone will surely answer.

Dorothy

4. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    I bought my 1st 6 chickens from a great guy in Memphis. There's more backyard chicken lovers than you think [​IMG] Good luck with your soon to be obsession! [​IMG]

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    [​IMG] to BYC. And you need to go ahead and get the #2 coop built so it will be available when you get addicted. [​IMG]

6. pullet2hen

pullet2hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Arizona
    Great for you! This is the place to be. Someone said on another post "chicken people are the nicest people" and it really stuck to me because IT'S TRUE. Everyone here is so great and helpful. Ready - set - goooooo fill up that coop!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by