Just bought a new incubator!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lowcountrypoultry, Aug 10, 2008.

1. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought a new incubator from Home and Barn Basics.

I got the Hova-Bator genesis, I hear it's okay.

I already own a hova-bator but its two years old and the turner broke. So I decided to buy a new one,.

Anyone have anything good to say about the Genesis?

I hope I bought the right thing. [​IMG]

2. brooster

brooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    LUCKY YOU! [​IMG]
    i heard they work really good, and all it needs is eggs and water. I cant remember who it was but they said that once the temp was set, they didnt even need a thermometer, so they saved the money and bought a good Hygrometer. i would always use a thermo tho.

3. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    i got mine about 2 weeks ago i can tell u this i have used just about every bator out there table top wise except for the more expensive ones like the brinsea's and the r-com. i ordered the genesis to have until i could get a brinsea but i think im just gonna get another genesis. it is so easy it's insane all i nhave had to do is look in on the humidity and add water 3 times in the last 10 days or so. and for the money its great im gonna get at least 1 maybe 2 more . they are wonderful.

4. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

I love my current hova bator. I am going to test out the new genesis with 55 quail eggs, so I am hoping to get a goood hatch.

5. homeandbarnbasics

homeandbarnbasics Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2008
    Tallassee, AL
    lowcountrypoultry,
    Your incubator went out this morning. I did not realize that you were a BYC member. All BYC members get a 5% discount on their purchases. I will go back and refund you some cash. I think you will like the genesis. I use a couple of them in addition to our sportsman incubators. For a small clutch of eggs, I greatly prefer them. I am gonna set some cochin eggs I bought from another BYC member tonight.
    I hope you like it, let me know if I can do anything else for you.
    Tony

6. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    wow, if i get 5% the sale price i can get a genesis for like $105! Uh Oh! [​IMG]

7. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    they are good baters

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I've got 2 of them and wouldn't trade them. I've had good luck with them.

9. brooster

Jun 14, 2007
    northwest Ohio
    your tempting me!

10. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

I love mine! Its so easy to use it takes alot of the stress out of hatching. I love that the temperature is preset by the factory and you can buy it with the turner.
    You won't regret buying this one.
    Congratulations and happy hatching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by