Just bought chicks and one won’t stop panting!

Everyone has stopped panting, electrolytes are in the water and they’ve all drank some more and eaten some more and they seem to be settling down. I’ve checked on them a few times and is it normal for them to lay down and have their necks stretched out? I thought one of them was dead but she was just sleeping. :hmm

I snapped a couple picks of the orpingtons toe that is injured.
View attachment 1696680 View attachment 1696681
Aw poor little thing, but she should be fine :) and yes that’s totally normal! Chicks get themselves into some very odd sleeping positions lol in a couple weeks you could put a tiny little roost in there and they should like that to get some practice roosting. When my girls first staring roosting they didn’t quite know yet what to do with their heads and would just hang them down lol too funny!

Attachments

• 79AA0392-F509-45A1-B365-FFF558E2B5AF.jpeg
    79AA0392-F509-45A1-B365-FFF558E2B5AF.jpeg
    306.7 KB · Views: 11
I’ve checked on them a few times and is it normal for them to lay down and have their necks stretched out? I thought one of them was dead but she was just sleeping.
Yes, normal....and normal to think they are dead :D
Toe may stay or go, just keep an eye on it....great pic, bet it got bit.

1E215550-01EB-4CE1-913A-4BEFB872F52D.jpeg
F65779A0-D0FD-41A8-B535-C1B32E9E891B.jpeg
Thank you all so much! I feel much better! Hopefully they’ll all be fine through the night. I’ve got their brooder set up in my master bathroom so they’re really close to me lol. My husband just looked at me and said he was jealous of all the attention my chicks are getting lol

Here’s a few pics of the babies

It is totally normal for the chicks to sleep that way. :) do you have a perch in there? You should definitely put a perch for them to explore what it is my 1 week old chicks are using the perch I gave them (well, some at least)

Back
Top Bottom