1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just bought my first chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Andrew273, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Andrew273

Andrew273 New Egg

Apr 10, 2009
    So today I went to a local animal supply place to look at dog grooming supplies when I happened to see about 10 big bins filled with baby chicks. The animal addicted enthusiest in me decided to give in and now I have 3 baby chicks. They are absolutely adorable.

I bought (all girls) a Rhode Island Red, an Ameraucana, and a Barred Rock. I came home with a very good idea for a setup and now after reading a ton online I have to ask... Are they really this easy to care for?!

2. heritagebirds

heritagebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Eastern Shore MD
    You poor thing, you've caught the disease! [​IMG] Best of luck to you with your new chickies! [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida. I think that they are pretty easy to care for, and lots of fun too. You'll find out! [​IMG]

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Yes they are! And they give you eggs and good times watching chicken tv. You're a goner now. You'll be going back to that store and building a mega chicken coop and next thing you know, you'll be hatching eggs.

[​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    The good news is they are easy to care for.... the bad news is there is no cure for chicken addiction.... welcome [​IMG]

7. chickenfanatic

chickenfanatic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    deming new mexico
    welcome from N.M. [​IMG]

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. wingnut1

wingnut1 Crazy Bird Lady

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. tcwk

tcwk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    NW, PA
    Me and my dad have always thought about getting chickens, 2 days ago he brought home 12, all i have been doing / wanting to do since then is everything related to chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by