Just bought my kids home schooling program....for 6 years!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NYRIR, Jun 23, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    And I got it for 370.00 for 2 kids!! How awesome is that....I bought it from Southwestern Advantage...it has lots of online support,up to date info and even tells you how to use the newer methods kids are learning versus the older ways we learned. I can't wait to try it out...

2. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    thats awesome!! [​IMG]
    If I had more money I would home school my kids and quit my job.

3. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Lol...I work full time right now! But I am going part time so I can be around home more for the kids and birds [​IMG]

4. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    i work part time too, just dont think id really have enough time for school work etc.

5. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    My daughter home schools her two daughters in England. She has been doing this for nearly nine years now. Apart from working at home, they belong to a couple of groups with which they do various activities, such as sports and also go together on visits arranged by the mothers. Last week they went to the Tower of London, saw the Crown Jewels and had a very interesting talk from the Tower Guards, the Beefeaters. They go to museums, art galleries and exhibitions probably about one major outing a month.

Soon they will be beginning examination courses as the eldest is nearly 14. My daughter chose to do this because the choice of schools was very limited in her area. Is this why you are choosing to do this, or are you remote from suitable schools?

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    What a good deal you got. Hope you like the program.My kids are in private school,and I still have to teach my dd some things at home.Lol,she was so mad when I mentioned summer learning!

7. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Well... a lot of it is for religious reasons.Also they have cut the school budget so far that the classes are way too full for any teacher to be able to focus at all on your child.I like the ability to teach at THEIR pace...which,thankfully for my two,is fast and they both scored high for testing this year. I also like the ability to have some freedom with field trips,gym, etc.I like the way you can teach your child in a way they understand best versus schools that have a "teach one,teach all" approach.What works well for some,does not for others.I don't blame the teachers...they do what they can but there's no way to focus on individuals when your class has 25 kids in it.

8. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Yeah,last years program cost me over 300.00 for one year.This takes them from 7-12 for 370.00....total.

9. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Really it takes about 3-4 hours a day.I think school is so long because they have recess,lunch,snacks,etc....parties for all the holidays...all that stuff takes a lot of time.Plus all the time it takes to get the kids situated to learn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by