Just bought R-com 3 egg incubator, anyone else have one?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bantam Username, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Hi, I've just bought the R-com mini 3 egg incubator and was wondering what other people who have used it have thought of it.[​IMG]
    Mine's not arrived yet but am very excited. [​IMG]

2. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Quote:can you post a pic for us?

3. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
  4. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Quote:kewl!!!! i have 3 eggs in a cardboad box right now! i need 1 of those! but the eggs only have a coupple hrs b4 they hatch. and at that i cant keep the chicks [​IMG] mom would kill me! ha ha but i really do want to see a chick hatch!

CONGRATS!

what kinda eggs u gunna get?

5. ducksarecool12

ducksarecool12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2010
    oklahoma
    I have one! its so cool! and its very simple.but you have to have some kind of inserts for large eggs my peafowl eggs were to big so it didnt turn them.. but it has a very good hatch rate!

6. jm93030

jm93030 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Kind of expensive for what you get.

How many eggs do you plan to hatch total until you decide that is enough?

divide the cost of your incubator by the answer and that is how much your chicks cost.

hope is cheaper than ordering chicks

have fun

7. Farmer_Dan

Farmer_Dan Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Seattle
    Quote:[​IMG] HILARIOUS!

8. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I couldn't get the birds I wanted as I don't drive and the one time I paid a friends petrol to take me to a bird auction, they didn't have any of the birds I was after either so that was £30 for nothing! I want gold and silver sebrites and lavender old dutch bantams, although I have recently seen some chamois sebrites too and fallen in love with those as well![​IMG]
    Once I have the birds I am after, I may loan out incubator space too so I am sure it will pay for itself [​IMG]
    As they are tiny eggs, I have bought the 7 small egg tray to go in too so I can put more eggs in.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  9. Chickangel79

Chickangel79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    United Kingdom Suffolk
    My boss has had one of these for 4 months now, never managed to hatch anything ! I am pretty sure its because he won't move it out of the kitchen where the temp is so changeable.
    I hope you hatch some !

10. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    I have one and I would use it for something other than chicken eggs, as the humidity stays too high, last time I checked it was 50% so I would use it for quail, or small bird eggs, parrots, finches, parakeets......Etc I have hatched out 2 out of 4 eggs in mine over the last couple of months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by