Just bragging on my GLW

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by write2caroline, Sep 20, 2009.

1. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    My girls are almost old enough to start laying eggs.

I got them from mpc and I think they are finally looking like the photo's they had on the catalog.

I think they are beautiful. So I thought I would post their picture.

[​IMG] [/img]

Cal
    Jax FL:cool:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  2. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    They are! They lay nice eggs too. Not the most friendly breed but pretty.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Oooohhhhh....so my baby GLW girl will someday actually look like a GLW??? [​IMG] But you're telling me I have to wait HOW many weeks??? Are your lovely hens about 20 weeks???? So what do they look like in between??? Mine is just a baby now, and looks absolutely NOTHING like a GLW. Yours sure are gorgeous!! [​IMG] Oh...mine came from MPC too....

Hmmm...do you agree with the other poster's comment about them not being a very friendly breed. My GLW chick is one of my most skittish...and I only have 5 chicks.

4. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    very nice

5. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    theres nothing wrong with bragging i love to brag on my birds every once and a while!!! nice birds [​IMG]

6. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    Quote:I have 3 GLW's, 24 weeks old and I think they are beautiful. They did not look like the pictures until they were quite big....they looked odd as youngsters:/ Mine vary in temperament.....one is very friendly and inquisitive, one is getting much friendlier since she is 22+ weeks old and one is shy and quiet but follows the others to come when called and for treats.... They all were a bit stand-offish when they were between 4 and 12 weeks old. My EE is also a bit shy...
    Love the pics!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by