Just bragging

Xerocles

Songster
May 22, 2019
Clinton (piedmont) S.C.
I made my "first egg" thread already, about 9 days ago. My little darling, and of course now favorite Pullet is a real trooper. 9 eggs in 9 days, each almost exactly 25 hours later. Well actually 9 eggs in 10 days. She laid one day really close to Roost time. The next day she skipped, but started up again at 7:30 the next morning.
But last night. Last night she should have laid around 6 o clock. I went to the nest box, and no egg. So I sat down in my chair. She hopped up on my knee like always, and we had a conversation. I told her I understood how hard she had been working and how proud I was of her. And I understood if she needed to take a day off. But I explained how I had been bragging to the whole world about her running record. Now I still have a little trouble with her accent, but I think she said something about the fact that I changed the litter in the coop today and it was new and fluffier and shinier than before, and she was just a little scared to go into the coop. I assured her that I loved her anyway. And went back in the house. I went back out at 8 to close the Coop up for the night. I glanced in the nest box. There was my little blue egg. Now I'm not sentimental about my chickens. They're just little egg factories. But would anybody snicker if I said I really love that little Pullet?

WickedChicksNH

Crowing
Oct 2, 2017
New Hampshire
I made my "first egg" thread already, about 9 days ago. My little darling, and of course now favorite Pullet is a real trooper. 9 eggs in 9 days, each almost exactly 25 hours later. Well actually 9 eggs in 10 days. She laid one day really close to Roost time. The next day she skipped, but started up again at 7:30 the next morning.
But last night. Last night she should have laid around 6 o clock. I went to the nest box, and no egg. So I sat down in my chair. She hopped up on my knee like always, and we had a conversation. I told her I understood how hard she had been working and how proud I was of her. And I understood if she needed to take a day off. But I explained how I had been bragging to the whole world about her running record. Now I still have a little trouble with her accent, but I think she said something about the fact that I changed the litter in the coop today and it was new and fluffier and shinier than before, and she was just a little scared to go into the coop. I assured her that I loved her anyway. And went back in the house. I went back out at 8 to close the Coop up for the night. I glanced in the nest box. There was my little blue egg. Now I'm not sentimental about my chickens. They're just little egg factories. But would anybody snicker if I said I really love that little Pullet?

I think that is adorable you love that little lady ;)

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
My Coop
My Coop
There is no problem with talking to your chickens and certainly not with saying you love them. Of course I talk to mine constantly and tell everyone I love them. You enjoy your chickens however you see fit. They are just so sweet sometimes I can't stand it!

Top Bottom