Just bred my first Netherland Dwarf!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by rilly10, Feb 11, 2011.

1. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    So I have been working really hard to put together a nice herd of bunnies. I have been going to shows any buying stock and last night I finally bred my first doe! She is a self black proven senior doe who carries both the chocolate and the dilute gene. I bred her to my broken lilac buck who won best jr broken at nationals last year!

They bred 2x last night so I will let them try again tonight just to be sure she was exposed enough! I am soooo excited for babies! I really hope to get some nice chocolates and lilacs!

Now the waiting game until I can palpate! [​IMG]

ETA: If you want to see them they are pictured on my other site (sorry it is a mess...it's a work in progress) http://cloverfieldfarmrabbitry.webs.com/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  2. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Pretty rabbits! [​IMG] I can't wait to see their babies!

Congratulations!

3. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Congrats! It takes a lot of work to put together a nice herd. All the best with your first litter!

4. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Thanks so much guys! I really hope she takes. I am super excited for this litter but also trying not to get my hopes up especially since he only bred her twice! I tried to put her back in for a second go round but she was NOT cooperating in the least! LOL!

5. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    I'd be expecting good results with that. Mine are bred 2x about an hour apart. 2x is plenty. Hope you keep us updated.

6. rilly10

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Oh good! I will for sure! What breed do you raise? I have ND and Dwarf Hotots.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by