Just brought home two babies, however...

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
I haven't raised chicks for a while now so I am a little concerned.

The Silkie and Mille fluer I just brought home from the feed store seem to just want to lay around. They haven't even touched their food and are completely uninterested in their water.

They peep a little when I come in but just keep sitting there.

I added some electrolytes to their water so I am hoping that will give them a little energy.

Is there anything else I should do? I hope the little guys are going to be ok. The Mille fluer looks like it's been through a lot...some of the feathers have been peck out and the silkie is horribly filthy.

I am glad I could get them out of there and to a good home!

lux_interior

Songster
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
Joliet
I'd make sure they're not too hot, and give them some cooked egg yolks to eat... Good Luck!
smile.png

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
they may also need a quick energy boost....add some honey or sugar to their water, and/or give them a few drops of poly-vis-il baby vitamins IRON FREE. Whatever the case, if they're not drinking on their own you may want to dip their beaks a few times to make them get a few sips.....

KristaChickenWhisperer

Songster
11 Years
Sep 1, 2008
Lake Stevens, WA
I dipped their beaks in the water a few times, I also syringe fed some sugar water to the mille fluer.

One of them just had a pretty gnarly looking poop, looks like they might have worms.

What a great feed store...they need to take better care of their baby chicks!!

Top Bottom