Just built coop for a friend (PICS!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by medtec113, Feb 20, 2011.

1. medtec113

medtec113 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2010
    Alabama
    I built this chicken tractor coop for some friends of mine. I'm not charging them but was curious what you guys thought it was worth?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  2. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
  3. medtec113

Feb 14, 2010
    Alabama
    I actually got the idea from yours. [​IMG]
    Thanks

4. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I dolled mine all up

Once I got it home..

But I think you could sell it ....for 500-600.00

I just got a huge coop for 460 from the Amish..so really dissaponted I spent what I did.. Then did a ton more work on it..etc

So just keep it reasonably priced..due to the size..the size...Now I do love it...but after so much research, when your in the 1000 dollar range..size really should matter..now that iam learning so much. But then..I love my coop too..love it ..love it..love it

Then again I had to have it on the cart, had to have the cedar siding, had to have a chimney, had to have a removable vintage window, had to have wired light, had to..had to..had to..lol

Wink wink

5. wannabchick

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:Lol...that cracks me up..
    I think u did a great job, now try and figure out how to add a slide out bottom..now that would be the bomb
    And nesting box choice inside or exteriorly mounted to save client space interiorly.

I say you did an awesome job

6. medtec113

Feb 14, 2010
    Alabama
    thank you

7. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

8. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Quote:Can i have 1 for free 2???!

9. SuburbanFarmstress

SuburbanFarmstress Out Of The Brooder

Jan 6, 2011
    Bay Area - 707
    I've looked at a lot of Craigslist ads for coops, and it seems like one this size and as cute as yours is would go for around $600. Probably a little more, because of the cart- I've never seen one on a cart out here.

Your friend is fortunate to have such a thoughtful friend as yourself. [​IMG]

10. perchie.girl

perchie.girl Desert Dweller Premium Member

Great job [​IMG] WRT the cart. Is this the kind you can get at Home Depot with inflatable tires?

If so a bit of a suggestion. I have three of these carts and where I live (cactus) I have a devil of a time keeping air in the tires. So i finally went to Harbor Freight and bought Solid rubber tires for them. Though the way the hub is made on the Garden cart I had to put the tires on backwards so they wouldnt rub . The Solid rubber tires are somewhat narrower. Added a few washers to take up the extra space difference on the hub too. But well worth the thirty or forty bucks spent. Makes the cart pull easier too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by