just built some new things!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TheDuckCrew, Mar 27, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    well today i got home from school and it was 60!! sooo nice! we've had to seperate our drakes until we get some girls, two are brothers and get along fine so they were locked up while the "love bugs" got to play in the pool. i decided i was going to let them come outside and play. i grabbed some fencing material we bought when we first bought the ducks last year, and got to work. i got home around 2:20 and i finished a little after 3:30. it was hard work!! i then brought out the boys and hung out with them. then i had to climb to the back of the house and collect slushie's 11 eggs! she hasn't sat on them at all. i then sprayed down the house and the pen, but i wasn't done yet. last night it rained, and the boys who were locked in the pen had soaked food! so i went into the basement and grabbed some wood. my parents weren't home so i couldn't use the power tools, so i had to cut all the wood with a hand saw. then i finally got the drill working after about 30 of trying to get a bit out of it, and started working on trying to screw it together. now the ducks have a nice little "station" for food so it won't get wet when it rains. i finally finished everything around 7:30 and i am sooo tired!! [​IMG] but the ducks are happy!! [​IMG] tomorrow i'm hoping to go to the hardware store and start working on the incubator! [​IMG]

2. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    what no pics??

3. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    i'll get some! it was dark by the time i finished, so not a very good picture taking situation. i also lost my camera which i have to find....i should get working on that. hmmmm.

4. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    oh,ok well i bet it looks great!!

5. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    the new run....not so much. its just kinda thrown together to keep the drakes apart. the twins (what i call the crested brothers) loved it though. they stopped crying and loved playing in their kiddie pool. the "station" doesn't look to bad, its really small and is made of scrap wood from the house, but hey, it works so i'm not complaining! i'll have to put up pics of all of my girl's eggs! there were soo many!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by