1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Just call me the CHICKEN CATCHER...lol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SamG347, Jun 19, 2008.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well it seems like everyone who you dont know...knows you have chickens. Well I live in a Historic town but up out of the town. Well I have been hearing the village grapevine and it turns out there are some poultry on the loose down in the town. Use to be like 4-5 bantam chickens...now 1 rooster and 2 hens. Some people like having the chickens around others dont! So this is where I come in. Both my mom and the village folk want me to catch the birds and give them a good home. Turns out some brats with pellet guns were shooting at them the other day and some of the birds got hit by cars before. I think these chickens are from the old farm across the highway that they ripped everything down for developement. Im going to go down into the town tonight at around 9:30-10:00 and see if I can get them on the roost. Lets just hope they dont roost too high. We already tryed surrounding them when they were on the ground but no luck there.
    I will update if we get them!
    [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Good luck catching them and giving them a safe home and love.

3. dlhunicorn

dlhunicorn Human Encyclopedia

Jan 11, 2007
    Go get em Sam!!! [​IMG]

4. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Try a have a heart trap with food they may be hungry.

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Aww that is really nice of you to do that! What a great thing to do for these homeless chickens. Hope you catch them! Good luck!

6. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    Good luck catching them! [​IMG]

Last year me, my dad, and my grandpa caught five roosters. My grandpa lives in the city and people didn't like hearing roosters. He use to live on a chicken farm with 2,000 white leghorns, he liked having the roosters up there.

7. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    Quote:I think I would be lost without waking up to my Rooster.

8. MRNpoultry

MRNpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Gibsonville, NC
    I don't know how hearing a rooster makes people mad. I am lucky we live where we live and can have as many rooster and hens as I want.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Good luck, Sam!!!

10. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well we went.....we saw....3 hens and a roo....they busted.....but we still caught 1....THE ROOSTER IS OURS lol. Im going to call him Kellogs because he looks like the rooster from the cerial box.
    Will get pics tomorrow!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by