Just came back from 4-H camp-I want to go back!!

Nupine

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
Ohio
I just came back from 4-H camp piedmont yesterday afternoon. It was my second time going. It may sound dumb, ''4-H camp'', but it is like the most incredible thing ever, I think I like it more than fair. It is like 3 days long, you go wednesday at 4 pm and go home saturday at 12:30 pm. Some of things you do is stay in cabins, swim, do awesome activies at lunch, a talent show, 2 campfires, and two dances [with a real dj of course. And believe it or not, weird nupine, actually danced with 3 guys!! Weird I know. First day in my life I actually danced with guys, and I danced with 3 and it was Friday the 13th. One was a year younger, one was a year older, and one was 4 years older. It was the coolest thing ever. I had so much fun at camp, plus i got a my first cell phone, I have had tracphones and a phone bigger than our home phone lol, but now I have a samsung hue, with a 1000 texts, and i just bought a horse facecover on ebay. I am living on cloud 9. And I even put on makeup for the first time since, last camp a year ago. Sad huh?? I haven't looked that pretty [hot] like ever. And yesterday I got in contact with an old friend on my cell phone. She lived in my house for a year even. We were like sisters. But I moved, and her mom and my parents got into fights over the rent, so we didn't her from each other for 18 months, then I called once last January, then now. So we have been texting back and forth. I am so happy right now. Except for camp being over, I would do anything to go back, even eat steak. Yes, veggie head me would eat steak to live it again. So here is the problem. I might have to wait 2 years to go back. I will be too old to be a camper next year, but will be old enough to be a counsler. Great, but because there is like a 1 consuler, 2 camper ratio, which is a lot, I may not be able to be a consuler, as they will have too many. I will cry my head off. But i am going to a great 4 day 4-H leadership camp with my best friend in 6 weeks and have a horse show next week, so I truely don't have a reason to be bummed. I can't get a hold of my friends on my cell, so I had to tell my BYC friends. I am homeschooled, so I don't get to see girls [or guys hehe] my age like ever. Except my homeschooled buds of course.
Ashlyn

That sounds awesome Nupine! I am glad you had such a good time. My kids are homeschooled also- well one just graduated - and they both went to camps every year. My duaghter stopped going a few years back and this year my 10 yr old son refused to go as well....so I'm having post-camp kid withdrawals.
tongue.png
I tried to get him to go to 4H camp this year and he just looked at me like I was insane.
hmm.png

Way to go, and congrats on the great time you had.

It is a great program that more folks should experience whether they live in town or the country....
th.gif

bigzio

Glad you had a great time. Where I come from in Ga we went to camp at Rock Eagle for a week (sometimes 2) at a time. Three days seems so short.

Nupine that is wonderful. I used to love going to 4-H camp every summer. We loaded up on buses and went to North Florida for a week. I was a cabin leader and we did plays, swimming, skiing and all sorts of stuff.

I am glad to know they are still having their camps.

Wow!! I can't believe someone wouldn't want to go. If I get to go and be a counsuler next year, I will be the happiest kid on earth. Unfortunatly my best friend wasn't picked to be a consuler this year because she was barely old enough, and they tend to pick the eldest first, so she didn't get to come. So it really sucks being back home, loads of animal chores, only a few people to talk to, and parents nagging you. A few of the kids there, some even being up to age 16, had their parents their as staff, and I don't think I would have came if my parents were there. Everyone would probably love my mom, but I would be totally embarrased. So the only other negative thing is that I have sunburn so bad I look like a burn victim.
tongue.png
And feel like one too.
Ashlyn

Back
Top Bottom