Just candled...a little premature

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kvmommy, Jan 8, 2011.

1. kvmommy

kvmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Ok...its only been 56 hours since I placed them in the bator...I just couldnt' wait and I candled them. The dark ones...can't see anything but a yolk swirling around...the others not so sure. But one definitly looks like the one in the thread explaining candling. It looks like the blood island pic. Its soooooo exciting. I can't wait! I can't believe this is only the 3rd day. I'm soooo impatient.

2. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Trust me, it's addicting!

I'm on the tail end of my third hatch now. It never gets any less eggciting! [​IMG]

The best time to candle and see movement is around the middle of week two.

Right around the due date, sometimes you can here them peeping in the shell right before the pip externally. [​IMG]

Good luck on your hatch. [​IMG]

3. aduplantis

aduplantis Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    Hatching is very addictive. I have hatched a bunch of quail and all 21 of my chickens. I can't wait till Spring because I'm gonna hatch more!! [​IMG]

4. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    DW and I are going to try hatching Ducks this spring. [​IMG]

5. BigIslandChicks

BigIslandChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    i have a broody on eggs right now and i candled a few last night! its been 9?10days. i only checked a few and saw movement in 1 for sure and it looked like there were little feathers.. omg!!! there was some veining in others and im not really sure?? some eggs were too dark shelled to see, so im waiting waiting waiting!!!! [​IMG]

OP goodluck on your hatch!! [​IMG]

6. teresa-78

teresa-78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2010
    England
    Quote:Hiya me and my partner could not wait either, it was day 3 yesterday and we just had to candle... we were so happy to see veining in all 6 eggs woooo and these eggs were brought from ebay, I am so happy [​IMG] and excited... Good luck with your hatch, day 4 lock down for us in 2 wks [​IMG]

7. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Oh wow, you are not helping me. [​IMG] It's day 3 for me and my first ever hatch and I keep telling myself to keep my hands off the 'bator.

Mind you, I did come on here to read the candling info. [​IMG]

So glad I'm not the only one who can't wait to candle and good luck everyone with your hatches. [​IMG]

8. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    It is so exciting. It is addicting. Congratulations.[​IMG] But now I am going to give you some good advice that was given to me by a wise person on BYC. Sit on your hands. LOL. I know it is hard to not do it.

9. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    You and I are in the same boat! My eggs were only late day 2 last night and I broke down and candled....I only have 24 white eggs in there and 40 brown eggs, so I could only tell on some of the white but there was definitely embryos in at least a dozen of the white...and I think I have a brown double yolker...this sucker is a huge egg....and it looks to have development. Don't know if i should have not put it in after the threads of how they usually don't make it, but I thought i would give mother nature a chance. Don't feel bad about the rush to candle. we've all been there or are there now, lol.

10. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Quote:Tehehe too late, I candled them and...
    [​IMG] I have 7 of 12 with obvious development! [​IMG]
    Given it's my first time I'm delighted. [​IMG] Now back to sitting on my hands...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by