JUST CANDLED MY 1ST BATOR EGGS.......I THINK IT WAS GOOD!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Layin Eggs, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Layin Eggs

Layin Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    Ok so I am at day 6 of a staggered hatch. Those of you who read my post about the destroyed eggs that were first shipped. Anyway, i recieved the new eggs today and added them to the bator. While I was in there I just couldn't help myself. I did not check them all but checked quite a few. It appeared that of the 6 eggs that survived 1st shipment, 4 of them have life starting or at least thats what it appeared to be. Could see veins and saw Movement in a few. Also checked a few of my own eggs and most looked good as well. I think there are a couple of infertile (clear). i know it is way to early to be counting my chickens, but it was soooooo exciting to see thechanges in the eggs. I really hope what I was seeing was good. We will find out in about 2 weeks [​IMG]
    Next week if I candle again I will try taking pics.

Wish me luck:D

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Thats good news...It's so much fun to watch them grow......Have fun and happy hatchings....

3. Layin Eggs

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    I was very happy to see movement, however, now I am ever more anxious for day 18-21 to come. I want to keep checking my eggs its driving me nuts lol. But I am behaving. I told myself I will not candle again until next week. I may need a straigt jacket [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    We may have to have Nifty stock those straight jackets in the BYC Store!!!... [​IMG]

5. Layin Eggs

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by