Just candled on day 7...Uh-oh :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Countrychick8540, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Countrychick8540

Countrychick8540 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2011
    So only 3 of the 7 silkie eggs I put in are developing. The other ones have nothing, and look VERY porous... This is my first incubation, so I am kind of disappointed [​IMG] but I did buy them from ebay...so there's always a risk with shipping etc. Hopefully all goes well with the 3 that are growing!

2. chkinut

chkinut Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2010
    Leesburg, Ohio
    silkies are hard to hatch. AND if they're shipped eggs, it will be even harder. i too hatched silkies for my first hatch...and they were shipped. i can't remember how many i started with, but only 3 hatched out of those. then i tried it again and only one hatched.....but maybe it was the other way around.....maybe my first try i only hatched one, and later hatched 3. i can't remember. just keep doing what you're doing and hope for best. i hope at least 2 hatch for you though so the other can have a friend. i ordered some silkie eggs from MPC and will be receiving them the 1st week of april. so i'm going to try it again! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by