Just chased a coon off my porch...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by lagpmgdsls, Jul 1, 2010.

1. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Last night it got 3 of my quail.....aaarrrggghhhh!!! Time to get out the trap.

2. missred871

missred871 Eggxhausted Momma

May 5, 2010
    Perry GA
    more like time to get out the 12 gauge MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    they usually die from lead poisoning here , that or their spirit is stolen with a .22 calibre spirit stick [​IMG]

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Terminated With Extreme Predjudice!

The Average Lifespan Of A Predator Around Here Is About 15 Seconds. And Since I Beleieve In Fixing Problems I Prefer A Permanent Fix.... Therefore I Own No Traps But Instead Ammunition Reloaders.... Go Ahead And Shoot All You Want, I'll Make More [​IMG]

5. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Just wondering what kind of pen your birds were in? I live in the boonies where predators are plentiful, and I've seen on here where coons are getting to birds, and making a meal out of them. I know coons are pretty tough and agile, but are the coons tearing through regular 1" chicken wire? I can't see them getting through 1/2" hardware cloth if it's secured properly.

6. lagpmgdsls

lagpmgdsls Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    The ones that got killed and eaten were my extra roos and they were in an old rabbit cage so the wire on the sides is 1 inch x 2 inch ( I think) ....my fault I guess. All my other pens have 1/2 on the bottom and 1/4 inch on the sides. I'll secure this cage this weekend.

Traps dug out from under the deck and ready to be baited tonight.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by