Just checked out the election results...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Q9, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Q9

Q9 General Headache

2. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    [​IMG] Yes! Now we can start changing various laws and vetoing bad ones! [​IMG]

3. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Meh. Aside from a very few Tea Party folks (Rand Paul in particular) I figure we're still royally screwed - just in red this time. At least Pelosi *Shudder* isn't Speaker of the House anymore.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think it will take a long time to fix the mess we're in, no matter who sits in those seats!

5. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    One side is in power, they screw up, so the other side gets in power, they screw up, and on and on it goes. I rarely vote for anyone in either of the "big" parties. We need more choices. I'm loyal to no one.

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote:Agreed. I think more choices would lead to a reduction of choosing the "lesser of two evils". At least more choices would give us more chance of having someone we TRULY like as a choice for office.

7. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Although I am rabidly liberal, I also firmly believe that 99% of politicians are inherently evil. I'd prefer Democratic evil over Republican evil, but still, evil either way.

8. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Was anybody suprised? Remember back when the dems took control of the house and senate? then a flip rep control, then back to the dems, now the dems are loosing. it's just liken the tides, up and down. It's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. If the president is on the rocks the other party rises. When "W" was pres. the dems could have ran micky mouse and won. I didn't vote for "B" but I actually did have high hopes for him. Wrong place at the wrong time for him and his party. It's really a crock when you read history and see the same thing happening over and over again. Neither party is doing anything to solve the problems they are just saying what the people want to hear. sad but true

Steve

9. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Still waiting for our states u.s senate person to be named. Guess they havnt counted the dead people votes yet like last time. How sad is that

10. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    The President gets the blame or credit...but the congress run the country. GWB got blame for the down turn , Obama got blame for not turning it around. First 6 years of Bush years where good ,then congress changed, down turned started , been bad last 4 years, YEP , Time to get them out.....great job America voters [​IMG] I don't belong to either party....but congress just got their first wake up....They are there for the people, if not out they go. Be there for the people, follow party lines you may find yourself out of a job.

We are getting tired of tax and spend....ALL for a 3rd party.

great thing ..i had send an email to my congressmen , asking them not to vote for the health bill...or risk losing their job...yet he did ,out he went [​IMG]

[​IMG] Great year all those I voted for won. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by