Just "chickin" in as a new member ;)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by leilanio, Jan 30, 2015.

1. leilanio

leilanio Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2015
    Southern California
    HI! We are in So Cal and I never thought I would be living with chickens. Hubby has been wanting them for several years and I kept saying nope...until my last 2 visits to Costco to buy eggs changed my mind. Apparently California passed a new law... so here we are and we will make our own eggs! I refuse to pay $17 for 5 dozen eggs... Plus how can you not love fresh eggs!!! Sooooo yummo.

Well, hello to you and I look forward to reading all about all things chicken!

Smiles,
    Leilani and Patrick

1 person likes this.
  2. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Leilani and Patrick. Glad you decided to our flock. The cost of eggs in the store has reached ridiculous prices, hasn't it. And fresh, home grown eggs taste better anyway. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What breeds do you plan on getting?

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    WOW and Costco is "low warehouse pricing," Someday they will beg you to sell THEM eggs and I hope you tell them you are sold out. Welcome to Backyard chickens, so glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Shining Hill

Shining Hill Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2015
    Central North Carolina
    Hey-
    We just settled into Shining Hill farm in central North Carolina after three years gone on military assignment. Good to be back home in the Land of the Pines! I had chickens and guineas before living here, but I'm excited to get back into them and get a refresher. We got a flock of ten day before yesterday from a lady who was getting evicted from a barn property she rented. I'm outfitting one of our old sheds for them. We have some silkies, some Marans, RIR, Barred Rock and silver laced something. Wish me luck! I board horses for a living and now I have these to take care of too! But- oh the joy! I'm happy, lucky and blessed! ;)

5. City farm

City farm Overrun With Chickens

Jul 6, 2012
    Mesa, Arizona U.S.A.

[​IMG]

What breeds do you have?

This is hilarious, enjoy..

1 person likes this.
  6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    LOL! That was funny. Thanks for posting.

1 person likes this.
  7. collingwood

collingwood Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.
  8. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. leilanio

Jan 30, 2015
    Southern California
    Thank you... we are starting with Americaunas and Rhode Island Reds.... They are just so adorable in the brooder and are now about 5 days old. I am thinking I may need to cancel our cable so I can watch Chicken TV instead...much cheaper LOL

10. leilanio

Jan 30, 2015
    Southern California
    Thank you... we are starting with Americaunas and Rhode Island Reds.... They are just so adorable in the brooder and are now about 5 days old. I am thinking I may need to cancel our cable so I can watch Chicken TV instead...much cheaper LOL... and thank you for sharing that hilarious video! No doubt I may have friends on FB block my pics for fear of too many chicken pics! ;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by