1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

just chillin with my girls

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cowtown chick, Dec 20, 2013.

1. cowtown chick

cowtown chick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2013
    I live in N.E. Tennessee
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]getting 3 eggs a day pretty steady now, even on the cold days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

What beautiful girls you have!! Is that a Silver Laced Wyandotte in the first picture? I got one from a man up the road that was sick. She had absolutely no feathers on her rear end and had the runny poops. I got her better and now her feathers are back in and she has turned into a beautiful hen. I love sitting with my chickens, too. My neighbors and my parents think I'm nuts, but I have gotten my dad to walking over to my place and sitting down to watch them. He talks to them now too and lets them out to free range when I'm at work. And to think he thought I was crazy for wanting chickens.... [​IMG]

3. Mahlzeit

Mahlzeit Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2007
    Long Island NY
    Great looking chickens!! I like the bamboo roost!

4. chicksurreal

chicksurreal Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2013
    Arizona
    Beautiful chickens! Thanks for sharing pictures.

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Wonderful looking birds! Is that a Black Australorp in the mix there? They make such affectionate pets. My Aussies are real lap sitters for sure. And a few of them will beak the others off just to have the entire lap for themselves!

Great flock you have there!

6. cowtown chick

Apr 30, 2013
    I live in N.E. Tennessee
    sorry I havent been on here in a while, yes that is a Lace Winged Wyandotte, I have had not trouble with her at all health wise, but she is a little bossy with the other girls.

7. cowtown chick

Apr 30, 2013
    I live in N.E. Tennessee
    yes, she is an Australorp, she is my favorite of them all, she lost 2 toes somehow in her early months, but she gets around just fine now and is very gentle and will cuddle with me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by