Just completed my Wine-Cooler-Bator Incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chknfrmr, May 8, 2011.

1. chknfrmr

chknfrmr Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    After a 48 hour test run I added my first eggs to my Wine-Cooler-Bator incubator. Seeing the incubators made by other BYC members inspired me to try my hand at it. Here's a link to the full description and construction process with pictures.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=68446-winecooler-bator

I'm
    afraid chickens have become my newest addiction.

Lamar

P.S. How do I add my homemade incubator to the homemade incubator page?

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    Hi Lamar,
    You made a beautiful incubator, great job. [​IMG]
    Hope you get a great hatch trying it out.

I'm not sure house you add your incubator to the homemade incubator page.
    You may want to contact an administrator to find out.

Carolyn

3. gfcm

gfcm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Florissant
    That looks awesome! Good luck with your hatch!!!

4. chknfrmr

Sep 24, 2010
    Thanks folks! I'm having too much fun. I purchased another egg turner today and added it to the incubator. I'm also trying to order some BLRWs for my next set. I'll let you know how that goes.

Lamar

5. rickdigschicks

rickdigschicks Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Southern NH
    That sir is a Pro looking job. Congratz and good luck

6. gfcm

gfcm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    Florissant
    I just checked out your page and your setup...Very nice! [​IMG]

7. chknfrmr

Sep 24, 2010
    I appreciate the comments. Having chickens for the last year has been very enjoyable. The eggs are delicious and I have been able to share them with family and friends. I also have three regular customers that are buying my eggs and are helping to offset feed costs. Now that I have incubators, I'm hoping to sell some chicks locally as they are really only available in the spring at the feed stores.

I have enjoyed working with my RIR's but want to try some other types as well. My next plans are to build a couple of tractor coops. I've ordered some Blue Lace Red Wyandottes (sp?) and some Barred Rocks eggs. I'd like to try my hand at breeding the BLRWs to produce some nice birds. I'm getting the Barred Rocks because I think they are beautiful birds and I understand they are good layers as well. I still have so much to learn! BYC has been a treasure trove of information and the people have all been friendly and helpful.

Since we are in the incubating and hatching eggs part of the forum, I'll give an update. My first batch of eggs in my Hova-bator seem to be doing well. Out of 37 eggs 36 seem to be viable. I'll be locking down this Friday with a hatch on Monday. I'm hoping the hatch goes well and that I have not made any serious mistakes.

I've had eggs in my Wine-Cooler-Bator since Saturday nigh,t so I will candle them at the end of the week to see how they are progressing.

Lamar

Last edited: May 9, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by