Just confirming these are girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Shelly Chip, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Shelly Chip

Shelly Chip Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2013
    Hi!

A few weeks ago I posted a pic of some bantam mix breed chicks. Someone said they are probably cochin mixes due to their feathered feet, and someone else thought they were girls (I hope so)! I wanted to post their pics again now that they are a little older and get your guesses as to breed and gender. They have feathered legs and are bantams.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fosterson

fosterson Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, their breed is 'mixed bantam' :D

They're still pretty young, but I'd say you PROBABLY have two pullets. That could easily change, though, as they get older. Watch for one or both to suddenly start having a really pink comb or a comb that grows really fast compared to the other -- those are usually your roos.

3. aljon23

aljon23 New Egg

Nov 27, 2013
    yes your two chicks are both girl

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, they are pullets. Pretty little birds!

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    They do both appear to be females.

They don't have cochin in them, though. Those feathered legs came from whatever breed of bantam looks like a d'uccle but has a clean face. Sorry, I'm not good with bantam breeds and can't remember what it's called.

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Both look like pullets. They do appear to be mixed breeds; I would say they have Salmon Faverolles in them, but they don't have the characteristic muffs/beard of that breed.

7. Brandi Leigh

Brandi Leigh Chillin' With My Peeps

pullets

8. Shelly Chip

Shelly Chip Out Of The Brooder

Aug 4, 2013
    Thanks for the confirmation that they are pullets. I looked up faverolles and these two do look a lot like the salmon ones. Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by