Just curious, but why

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Azriel, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    with all the problems people have shipping eggs with the USPS, why use them? Is there a reason not to use UPS or FedX? My 1st 2 boxes of shipped eggs came without problem, but this last box looked like it was used as a football and then driven over with a large truck. The side was ripped open and packing was falling out. The small box inside as also somewhat crushed, and I was sure I would find several broken eggs. I could not believe all the eggs were intact, a testment to the great packing of the shipper, (bargan/ Nancy of Garry Farm). So, why not UPS or FedX? Price? Take to long? Maybe no better handling?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Or the fact they won't guarantee delivery on eggs..... Seriously, the either refuse them or they won't guarantee on-time delivery. There is a reason most people use USPS.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Once upon a time, I worked for UPS.

I would NEVER send anything fragile via UPS, ever.

4. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    I know UPS and FedEx won't ship live poultry and I don' t know if eggs fall under that or not. USPS contracts the others to get it here quickly.

5. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    I have worked with UPS and trust me you dont want your eggs shipped with them!!! [​IMG]

6. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Haha that's funny!!! Two people who worked there!! Now you know why!!! [​IMG]

7. Azriel

Azriel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Montana
    OK, I guess that answers that. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by