Just curious, do your chicken laws include ducks?

dawnjoennikki98

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 5, 2010
New Jersey
Hi! I'm just curious, because in my town, there is no specific wording on ducks. just on domestic, exotic, and livestock, and specifically says chickens, but not ducks.

A lot would be in how it is phrased. Poultry usually includes turkeys, guineas, ducks and geese, sometime peafowl; however, if they define the term, that definition will take precedence over teh general understanding or common dictionary definition. If htey listed waterfowl separately, geese and large ducks would be excluded from "poultry." Can make a case either way for small ducks.

My city specifies "Small Animals: Chickens, Rabbits, or similar"

In my city, the basic ordinance bans all "livestock." The new amendment that we have been celebrating creates an exception and specific rules allowing for the keeping of "chicken hens."

mine doesn't say any thing about ...ducks, turkeys,pigs,donkeys, goats,Guinnies or probably a host of other domestic critters i just cant think of right now, but the main one i want is..my chickens!
hit.gif

§ 91.11 KEEPING OF CERTAIN ANIMALS REGULATED.

It shall be unlawful for any person to keep, maintain, house or allow upon his premises, whether such premises be owned outright by such person or leased from another, within the corporate limits, cows, horses, mules, chickens, bees or other non-domesticated animals, unless activity was in operation or existing prior to 1975.

Back
Top Bottom